Original topic:

Problem with the display

(Topic created on: 09-18-2021 01:54 AM)
Cibi
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hi 
Can you please help me. Or if someone has this issue. 
My S20 Ultra screen blinks in middle of surfing or typing. For an example when I am typing an email it just blinks quickly and Gmail will say my message has been saved as draft but I did not exit the app. I am still on the typing screen. I don't know why it blinks and give me that message not only in Gmail. When I type something in whatsapp it does the same. 

I thought keyboard problem so I changed to gboard and still screen blinks when I do something. Blinking is not all the time but at times, it's annoying. 

I did reset, I did wipe cache partition, I did repair apps. But still that problem exists. Please help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You said that you Factory Reset your phone, right? 

Seems to me then that it's either related to the Messages pop-up, or it's a hardware issue.

If it's something to do with Messages, try this..

Go to Settings >  Apps > Messages & select it, Scroll down until you see "Appear on Top" & Toggle it off.

See if your phone continues with the issue or not.

If not great for now as it's a Samsung problem that they need to fix in the next update.

If it continues to be a problem, then I'd visit a Samsung Service center & ask a technician to check it out.

See the screen shot for where to "don't allow to appear on top". 

Screenshot_20210918-150111_Settings.jpg

View solution in context

20 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

As you're saying, that when typing in Gmail it's getting saved as a draft. That makes me think that it's almost like a soft reboot, or the UI is refreshing/resetting.

Try Booting into Safe Mode & see if you continue to see this happening.

Note: Safe Mode will disable 3rd party apps, so Gmail & WhatsApp likely won't work while in Safe Mode, so you might want to see if it's still happening using Samsung's email app BEFORE you boot into Safe Mode.

FYI, I also have the S20 Ultra & haven't seen your issue happen on my phone.

The fact that when this happens & Gmail emails are getting saved as a draft, also makes me wonder if there might be a hardware issue that's causing this "blink" .. but not sure 🤔

0 Likes
Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It's doing the same thing in Safe mode too. Why??Screenshot_20210918-141859_Gmail.jpg
Galaxy S
My screen does the same thing but when I go into open app it has opened my messages app. I close it and it will open again and cause the screen to blink and make whatever app I'm in think I disconnected. I have tried restarting my phone but that didn't work. It has been happening since the last update.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Okay that's different, you didn't mention that Messages was opening.

I think that I answered you in another post on what to do to resolve the messages issue. 

0 Likes
Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It's not only in Gmail. It's on every other app. It does that. I don't know why. I ma going to do Safe mode. U am backing up my whatsapp
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Cibi, try to reboot your device in safe mode as suggested by RegDogRabbit and get back to us with the results.

Follow the below steps to start the device in Safe Mode.

First, completely power off the device.

Then, power on the device, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key.

If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. Once you're in Safe Mode, check for the issue.

To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your device and it will reboot normally.

Note: You can also enter Safe Mode by pressing the Power key, touching and holding the Power off icon, and then touching the Safe Mode icon.

If the flickering stops when your device is in Safe Mode, it could mean that the issue is being caused by a bug with one of the apps you have installed. Find out which app is causing the problem and uninstall it.

Start by uninstalling the most recent app you downloaded before the problem started.

Repeat until the flickering stops.

You can always reinstall an app if it wasn't causing the issue.

If the flickering persists even in Safe Mode, it is likely the issue is hardware rather than software-related.

Thanks for the response, RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It's doing same thing in Safe mode as well. Why??? I am disappointed 😞 Screenshot_20210918-141859_Gmail.jpg
Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I will do safe mode. And will get back to you.
0 Likes
NitinB
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's doing the same in safe mode as well. Tried cleaning cache and didn't work.