Original topic:

Question regarding trade in

(Topic created on: 02-08-2023 11:06 PM)
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hi All,

I am doing trade in with samsung canada for the first time. I have read alot about horrible experience people had during trade in. so wanted to make sure i don't ran into such a issue.

I had one question. when we are doing trade in, they ask us to enter imei number. I entered my imei number and it is giving me following.

"We could not identify your device model based on the information provided

We found multiple device models based on the information provided. Please select your trade-in device model"

Then there was list of all the s22 ultra devices. I picked correct device from list and went ahead with trade in. Just wanted to be sure, IMEI did not found device so i had to pick it manually. will that cause any issue or rejection ? 

Also any advice for this process is appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Likes
4 Comments
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Should be good. Just answer questions correctly
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Choose the generic one that matches. And leave the rest to the Samsung gods. I did one last year, went without a hitch. Success. Hoping for the same this year. So I am massaging the Samsung Gods lol...feet...in case you wonder. 🤣
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi -ACon-, if you answer the questions correctly and if you get the trade in value then you no need to worry.

0 Likes
cheated
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Sorry but wrong. I answered every question correctly and took lots of pictures of condition on day of shipping

They still devalued a s22plus 256 down to zero claiming damage clearly not on pictures when shipped

This forum is littered with people with the same horror stories
0 Likes