Original topic:

"Menu not currently available" - Samsung S20

(Topic created on: 04-26-2022 04:31 AM)
Jd113
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Screenshot_20220426-072000_Settings Suggestions.jpg

 After the last update, I'm not able to click any app from the menu of my phone. When I do click an app, I get the message "Menu not currently available".

Bobbydr
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
This here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Android-12/Receiving-quot-menu-not-currently-available-quot-when... is the same problem however I got a different update than the people who no longer have the problem in this thread
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

That's the US Members site, but the hardware is identical, updates probably wouldn't be the exact same though. 

0 Likes
Bobbydr
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Well hopefully they don't leave out non americans next update I guess
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'm also using English (UK), but no issues whatsoever on my S20 Ultra One UI V4.1. 

If it was my device, I'd backup with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. I do that after every Android version update, and never had any issues. 

0 Likes
Bobbydr
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Well I have done that now. I have lost a ton of stuff and this bug is still here
0 Likes
Bobbydr
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Wow I regret this more than I could have imagined
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You shouldn't have lost anything. As I said, I've been performing a Factory Reset after EVERY Android version update & haven't lost a thing.. You made all the selections in Smart Switch?

I get updates for my S20 Ultra, the same time as your device.

So it doesn't make any sense for your device to have a "bug" that mine doesn't have, not to mention that I haven't seen anyone else report it. 

0 Likes
Bobbydr
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes I had everything selected. There was another few posts like the one I shared above of people having the same problem as well as severel posts on reddit talking about this as well
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What did you lose?

As for others having the same problem, there must be something different, or coincidental about it. If it was a "buggy" update, then I'd expect to hundreds of thousands of people with the same issue. If it's specific to a hardware issue, or the same 3rd party apps.. Themes, something that makes it happen.

A Factory Reset, *SHOULD* have fixed it, unless when you restored your device, you restored the problem as well?

It really is strange.. 

0 Likes
Bobbydr
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have been able to get pretty much everything back, but some settings are really weird like I can't have ni default browser, I want it to always ask me but thats not working anymore, and also YouTube links are just taking me to the play store now
0 Likes