Did you mean: 

Original topic:

"Others" Storage | How to Manage?

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 04:14 AM)
DMMG
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone know how we can manage the "others" thats taking up the storage space? Its taking up quite a big amount even after I reformatted my S22 Ultra and re-installed my old apps its already at 15GB. Its weird that samsung didnt give the option for expandable storage but we arent able to manage this. So much for flexibility.
8 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You can't manage the "Others" storage. The "Others" storage on my A12 is only 4GB.
0 Likes
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
You can't manage it b'coz it contains some temporary data such as:

App caches
Some Browser data
Some system temporary files

And others things that we can't classify, that's why they belong in that section of storage management

I'm using Galaxy A12 and my "Others" size in the storage management is approximately 10GB in size🥲
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I think it will automatically free up space cause last May, my "Others" storage size is at 12 GB but when I checked it again today, its only at 4 GB now.
DMMG
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I hope so because mine just kept going up and up until it reached 40gb and i dont even have a lot of games. Thats why i decided to reformat my phone.
0 Likes
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I do wipe cache partition monthly, after updating my software. Maybe that helps to reduce the "Others" storage size cause it deletes the cache partition from the old software version.
DMMG
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Oh where is that in the settings?
0 Likes
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You can find it in the Recovery Menu, you need to power off your phone, plug it to a PC/laptop, then press and hold power button and volume up button at the same time. Use the volume keys to navigate and power button to select.

I recommend wiping cache partition after doing a software update.
DMMG
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Ok, since i just finished resetting my phone I'll try this maybe next month or after the next update, will then let you know how it goes. Thanks a bunch 😄