Original topic:

"Share to AOD" feature request

(Topic created on: 07-16-2022 07:45 AM)
jgg
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung Team,
The Always-On Display is a wonderful feature of Galaxy smartphones, but some options would much more useful for productivity, such as a "Share to AOD" button. 

For instance:
■ You select text from a recipe
■ You select Share, then AOD
■ That text becomes the main info displayed on AOD.
(To update it, you simply double-tap on the list and modify what you want.)

That functionality would be useful in many contexts:
□ You make a to-do list that you don't want to forget; you share it to AOD, and you can see it at a glance. 
□ A friend sends you his contact informations by SMS; you press Share and set it as AOD in 2 secs.
□ A restaurant has a 16-digits Wi-Fi password.
etc.

Some workarounds exist to achieve that, but they all have weaknesses. 
1) The memos that can be written with the S-Pen on AOD offer something similar, but they can't be set to stay pinned for more than 15 minutes, which is not very convenient (you forget about your memo!)

2) The Good Lock app allows you to make a custom AOD, but you have to copy the text manually, then open the app, then paste it. That's a lot of actions, especially if you need to update the text regularly. 

3) A picture (or a screenshot) can be set as the main AOD picture, but it appears really dark, which makes the text difficult to read. 

Please consider adding a feature like to the Always-On Display!

Thank you!

6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You can use Samsung's Notes to share & keep them forever if you want.

Save a screen shot of whatever you want & share it as well.. there's lots of other options, and I really doubt that you'll get anything other than "We'll take this as valuable feedback", from Samsung's Moderators.. which means the 🚮 

jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Oh, of course you can do that. Keeping and sharing notes is easy. But I'm talking about the Always-On Display (when you lock your phone and the screen stays on to display infos).
However I didn't know that about the moderators, that's disappointing...
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah, I'm just not sure how what you are suggesting, can be integrated into the AOD.

And, yes, Samsung's Moderators will almost certainly reply with something like that.. It's their job, so I don't blame them for this kind of response. 

0 Likes
jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
A similar feature was available on the S7. When you pressed the Share button. there was the AOD icon among the app list. You just had to click on it, and it went on AOD. I used it all the time, thats why I remember. ;))
I found a picture on Reddit of what it looked like on the S8.

Yeah, they will probably write "Thank you for you valuable feedback". I just hope the message goes somewhere.SmartSelect_20220716-121713_Samsung Internet_13663_1657988233.jpg
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, jgg, we will consider it as a valuable feedback and forward it to the concerned team for review. Samsung always appreciates customers who take their time to give us valuable feedback and suggestions.

jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you! :))
One of the numerous things that make me a Samsung fan is those discrete but cool features that the company keeps improving. 👍
0 Likes