Original topic:

Random Restarts - Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G

(Topic created on: 03-30-2021 09:23 AM)
Mack55
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all! Since the most recent update on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G, which installed early in the morning on March 29, 2021, my phone has been randomly shutting itself down and restarting. I've since deleted third party apps, but that didn't seem to help. I just bought the phone 8 days ago, so naturally I'm concerned. I shouldn't have to do a full reset on it already right? Any tips or suggestions on what next steps I should take? Any idea what could be causing this? Or has anyone had the same issue?
22 Comments
Galaxy S
Try go to recovery mode do a Wipe Cache Partition after update.

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partotion
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system

Monitor your phone if it restart again.
Members_KXioMcX
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Thank you!

This worked for me. I'd been having this issue for about two weeks. I booted into recovery, wiped the cache, rebooted, and it hasn't happened since. Samsung chat support was a useless bot. Grateful for your help!

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Mack55, I suggest you please reboot your device in safe mode and check if your device still restarts. 

To do this, you need to completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen.

0 Likes
Mack55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately nothing seems to be working. I even did a full factory reset and the problem still persists. Should I just take it back at this point?
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, As you have done all the troubleshooting steps. We suggest you get the device examined by the technician to get it repaired. I request you please reach out to live chat support by using the link below and they will help you with the service ticket. Please make sure you keep the pictures and BOS(Bill Of Sale) handy for review. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat Samsung is offering Door to Door service: For In-warranty: We will arrange a convenient and safe pick-up service solution at your home. Contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG, LIVE CHAT or text WECARE (932273) and we will assist in diagnosing your device through Samsung Remote Service. We will also arrange service pick-up and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service centre and from the service back to your home. For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices. For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service centre directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

0 Likes
Westy245
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I am having the same problem on two S20 FEs. I've performed a factory reset on one phone which did not solve the problem.
0 Likes
Mack55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Is this just since the most recent update? I've only had my S20 FE for 10 days now so I'm just going to take it back unfortunately
0 Likes
Westy245
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, we've had 1 phone for a month and the other for 3 months. no problems until latest update install. I found the following article https://www.xda-developers.com/future-samsung-galaxy-s20-update-address-random-reboot-issue/
0 Likes
Mack55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
How unfortunate. Hopefully they get a fix in place soon. I'll let you know if I come across anything helpful!