Original topic:

Random Restarts - Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G

(Topic created on: 03-30-2021 09:10 AM)
Mack55
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all! Since the most recent update on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G, which installed early in the morning on March 29, 2021, my phone has been randomly shutting itself down and restarting. I've since deleted third party apps, but that didn't seem to help. I just bought the phone 8 days ago, so naturally I'm concerned. I shouldn't have to do a full reset on it already right? Any tips or suggestions on what next steps I should take? Any idea what could be causing this? Or has anyone had the same issue?
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, As you have done all the troubleshooting steps. We suggest you get the device examined by the technician to get it repaired. I request you please reach out to live chat support by using the link below and they will help you with the service ticket. Please make sure you keep the pictures and BOS(Bill Of Sale) handy for review. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat Samsung is offering Door to Door service: For In-warranty: We will arrange a convenient and safe pick-up service solution at your home. Contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG, LIVE CHAT or text WECARE (932273) and we will assist in diagnosing your device through Samsung Remote Service. We will also arrange service pick-up and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service centre and from the service back to your home. For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices. For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service centre directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

0 Likes
yakefu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have this problem since the last update too. Hope Samsung gives out the update soon. Or the phone will be returned for RMA. 

0 Likes
ddub
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm seeing the same issue as well. The latest update causes my phone to reboot every few days.

0 Likes
Acidfox68
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue, safe mode, deleted all apps, got a new phone. the only common thing is the WIFI over the last few days I tested this theory and it restarts on WIFI only. I'm not sure how to fix this but knowing the issues helps with madness of not not knowing. 

0 Likes
Sven77
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issues, updated to the latest version yesterday and this morning my phone shuts down and restarts again and again. Starts with the screen freezeing, then it turns of and the phone reboots. Been like that for the last 3 hours.

0 Likes
-Tony
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Sven77, Could you please share the update version on the device for review?

0 Likes
Stephamu
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I have the same phone and I'm having the exact same issue. Based on the number of responses, it seems like this is a bug resulting from the most recent OS update. I've had my phone since January and haven't had any issues. Now, on some days, it'll unexpectedly restart up to 5 or 6 times over the course of the day. I'm never using the phone when it happens.
-Tony
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Samsung Member, Could you please share the update version of the device for review.

0 Likes
bob_william
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

I also facing same issue with my S20 FE. I have try to wipe cache, factory reset, safe mode, etc, they not solving the issue. But then, somehow it stops restarting randomly after I set AOD to "Show always".

bob_william
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

edit: still facing this issue after 1 day not restarting...

0 Likes