Original topic:

RCS Connection

(Topic created on: 05-19-2022 04:57 PM)
AnDyW11
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone have any issues connecting to rcs features on there android devices...I alternate from time to time using my s22 ultra and pixal 6 pro...I can be connected on one device and then when I take my sim out and put it in my other device rcs stops working and it gets stuck on trying to verify...but if you totally factory reset your device to factory setting the rcs connects again...Google's rcs is such a horrible mess
8 Comments
Keithyzz39
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Rcs?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Keithyzz39
RCS = Rich Communication Services.
Also known as Chat Features.
0 Likes
Kombatsd
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I haven't tried using one number in different phones, so couldn't tell you.
Galaxy S
@AnDy2001 Have you tried Google's own tool/website for removing your number from it's RCS service, when switching devices?

Also, they recommend turning it off on the old device before moving to another device.

Hopefully that helps.
0 Likes
AnDyW11
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yea I have it tells me I can't due to my service provider
0 Likes
AnDyW11
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I virtually have to factory reset my device to get it to work...and they restore my back up.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @AnDy2011, that's strange. When switching between devices, are you also switching between Samsung Messages and Google Messages? 

There is a limit on the number of times you can set up RCS within a certain time frame (Approximately once per week) 

Exceeding this limit can temporarily lock you you out from using RCS until this limit is reset. 

AnDyW11
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm switching between my samsung s22 ultra Google messages to my pixel 6 pro google messages...when it doesn't connect I have to factory reset my devices them it connects to Google messages.
0 Likes