cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Reason Not To Update To Andorid 12/One Ui 4 (No Longer Avaliable Read Desc Below

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 12:59 PM)
PapaJohns
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
If you are updating to one ui 4 on your samsung. Do note that there is lots of bugs.

List of bugs reported
 -Contacts Randomly Moving Into Recyling Bin
 -Battery Drain
 -App Crashes
 -Lost Of Mobile Data Connection In 5G Mode
 -Cant Update/Download Applications On The Google Play Store
 -Face Unlock Failing
 -Whatsapp Auto Call

Newly Reported
 4 Jan 2022 - Unable To Zoom To Fill On Youtube After Update To One UI4
 4 Jan 2022 - Problem With Normal Call. (Whatsapp and third party works fine)
 7 Jan 2022 - Wifi Being Extremely Slow
 8 Jan 2022 - Whatsapp Call Distorted
 9 Jan 2022 - Not Recieveing Messenger Notification
10 Jan 2022 - MyTransport App Crashes

What I Have Noticed
 7 Jan 2022 - Its Mainly the S21 Series On One UI 4 Geting This Bugs. There a
 Are A Few On Z Flip/Z fold 3 But not as much as S21 Series

Fixed
-None

Conclusion
 As of 16 Jan 2022- DO NOT UPDATE TO ONE UI 4

DISCLAMER:I am no longer updating the bugs on this post as it is far down for people to see. Please see my recent post to continue seeing update on bugs
GhostDragon
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hmmm weird tho, only the first boot to android 12 was buggy. After a restart a week later, all those problems were solved by itself and fold 3 battery has always been pretty weak. If u have TT, it **bleep** battery literally. I just have it set to restricted background usage, can't be bothered by the app since I have a physical token anyways. Clear your phone cache instead of the app cache, it should solve a few of the problems
0 Likes
SeanLSH
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hmm that's good advice but you are not experiencing any issue with connectivity or updating/installing apps? My connection keep dropping for 5G and 4G and a lot of apps are having issue to be updated unless I clear data and cache for playstore then disable it and restart phone. I have to repeat this everytime my phone restarts.... getting very annoyed
0 Likes
benlwy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I randomly chanced upon a website that mentioned that the pixel 6 is also having similar issues. The fix apparently resolved the issue for me.

https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-fix-google-pixel-6-connectivity-issues/

Update 13 Jan 2022: The issue came back again, even though it is less common.
0 Likes
SeanLSH
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I think there is already carrier service update as of today in playstore don't know if it actually fix the connection issue
0 Likes
benlwy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I just checked but the update is still not available on my phone though. Maybe it'll come in a while, but so far the update that I did following the link has resolved my S21 Ultra's mobile connection issue
0 Likes
SeanLSH
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
That's good, but just that what makes me so frustrated is there are so many issues not just Connection. Overall this update is a let down. Might need to wait for a while before anything else will be fixed.
0 Likes
benlwy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I totally agree with you... it seemed rushed
0 Likes
G00ders
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I've had massive battery drain today since doing the update and my fingerprint i.d sign in doesn't work on any app now!! Really annoying! How do I reverse the update?? 

0 Likes
WohWoh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't think there's an easy way to roll back the update
0 Likes
WohWoh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't think there's any easy way to rollback the update
0 Likes