Original topic:

repair centre couldn't replicate my issue - so no refund / exchange to be offered?

(Topic created on: 03-08-2023 12:18 PM)
uinstitches
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I'm waiting for the case manager to call me. I even emailed the repair centre test images  to load up that WILL cause the display issue to appear (screen door effect / moire effect) yet they said they've found nothing is wrong with it.

what happens now? from your experience. will the case manager offer me an exchange to a brand new device? the girl at Samsung Chadstone said the technicians can be difficult so if we provide photos of the issue (which we did) the request for exchange due to ELF (early life failure) will be approved.

6 Comments
Galaxy S
Maybe show the evidence to Samsung? It seems you already know what you have to do
uinstitches
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

both Samsung and repair centre have the photos. that doesn't change the fact they weren't able to replicate the issue. and I'm unfamiliar with their process. so which dominates? if they can't replicate is it game over? or because I have a photo of it are they generally lenient in offering exchanges?

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Just have a chat with Samsung Chadstone after you get the phone back. You can discuss with them further and hopefully come out in an amicable way. Will keep my fingers crossed for you 🤞

For what it's worth, I went to the highpoint one last year, and they were quite nice with my issue. Got my phone fixed and returned the next day.
uinstitches
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

seeing as it's defective out of the box and within the 28 day "early life failure" period I'd definitely want a brand new handset.  even if they agreed there was an issue and could replicate it I still wouldn't accept a repair as I didn't damage it. repair = refurbished and I paid for a brand new phone lol.

thanks for the 🤞 I hope it works out too

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello @uinstitches 

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Could you please send me your BP or Reference Number and I will have a look into it for you.

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

Galaxy S

I have the same issue with the Samsung i have just purchased the phone and not receiving any assistance

0 Likes