Original topic:

Report that Black Crush is fixed on Exynos

(Topic created on: 04-26-2018 07:40 AM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
It's reported that Black Crush issue is fixed on the International Exynos version of the S9/S9+ This was posted on the S9/S9+ Telegram Group.

Treat this as an FYI only at this point.

Don't ask if I can confirm this as I don't have the Exynos version of the S9+.

Don't ask me, what if it doesn't work for the Snapdragon variant.. I don't know.

Someone posted previously that the OTA didn't fix it for them - BUT they hadn't received the April Bug & Security Patch OTA update yet - Which has been delayed as Samsung discovered some issues with the April Update. Rogers revised their OS Update Schedule from "available now" to "coming soon". Rogers had previously said that the OTA would be available on the 16th of April.
🐧

BLACK CRUSH OTA OFFICIAL FIX S9+ EXYNOS:

Model : SM-G965F
Changelist 13138380
Build date Tue, 10 Apr 2018 01:56:25 +0000
Security Patch Level : April
PDA: G965FXXS1ARD1
CSC: G965FOXM1ARCA
0 Likes
7 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
As I posted awhile back to someone post that it was reported that a fix had started to roll out in Europe.
So hopefully for those affected it's true...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
According to the person who posted the build info - The April 10th update fixed it for them and others.
With over 8 Million S9/S9+ shipped in one month according to sammobile.com - it's a little difficult to believe that all of these are affected by this display issue... There's quite a few people who have reported the problem - But the number is infinitesimal compared to the number of shipped devices. 🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S
my black crush seems to be getting worse... :(
0 Likes
Galaxy S
That's not good to hear - Did you try that screen balance app? I don't know how much of a difference it would make - But at least something maybe.... Hopefully the coming update will fix it?
Disappointing that Samsung hasn't publicly commented on it (as far as I know).
0 Likes
Galaxy S
haven't tried that app yet but now that you mentioned it I'm gonna look into it!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Maybe a Poll for S9/S9+ owners here on Samsung Members, to find out how many people have the black crush issue.... It could be informative & interesting?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
totally and also another suggestion for members....able to create polls!!
0 Likes