Original topic:

Returning my S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-16-2023 08:17 PM)
Wolexf
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Got a mail from the trade-in team with a readjusted offer that is less than 50% of the original amount for my S22 Ultra because of a scratch on the screen. This is by no means a deep scratch because it cannot be felt if you run your finger over it, neither is the screen faulty for touch, display or S-pen use. The image can be seen in the link below;
I don't believe this to be fair and I complained to Samsung support but they said I either take it or leave it. 

Considering the inferior display as compared with my old S22 Ultra, this move to undervalue my old device and the fact that I can't honestly quantify any reasonable advantage of this device over my S22 Ultra based on my daily usage needs. I decided to reject the revised trade-in offer and return the S23 Ultra instead. 

It's shocking that they will rather lose my business altogether than address such a simple concern. 

11 Comments
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Sell it privately maybe? You will get more.. sadly that's Samsung support for you.
Wolexf
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
At this point seems better to save almost one thousand bucks and keep my old phone. Day to day experience is the same, never been one for gaming or photos so the speed and camera upgrade doesn't really add anything new to my usage experience
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I'm sorry to say this, but I agree 100%. It is better to save your money if this is how you're going to be treated. I honestly don't believe it's going to make much of a difference! You can always get it again once the price drops a few months from now if you still feel like it
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
The advice for the last few years has been to never trade a recent phone. Trade just the lowest phone accepted to get the bonus. Assurant (Samsung trade in partner) does its best to lower the trade in value, so can't be trusted and very hard to fight it. I onced traded a phone with an estimated $25 value and they still lowered it to $15.
If you think you can sell the phone for more than the trade in value and bonus, then you can refuse the trade in and sell it privately.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

Did they change the requirements for trading in a phone that they now require a picture of the device ahead of sending it in.

Only phone I ever traded was no such requirement

0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Dang, that's unfortunate.

I still have to send my S22U in, hoping they don't find any issues with it.

Do they offer to ship it back if you deny the adjusted trade in amount?
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I took a whole bunch of pictures right before putting it back in the box to return it. Mine was pristine, not a single scratch so they better not come up with any excuse. I still haven't heard anything from them yet.
cheated
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Sadly even pictures won't help

For my s22 plus with full Samsung care coverage they claimed serious liquid damage and devalued it to zero..despite lots of pics on shipping it means nothing

Seriously for 79.bucks.if the damage was real I'd just get a new phone instead of upgrading

They won't even respond until 72 hours after the deadline to accept or reject and the return period just expired so I'm out 800 bucks

And the icing on the cake is the ime of the damaged phone is different than the ime of my phone..should be interesting how that impacts Samsung care

If I could send this s23 ultra back I would ..... Not that they care but I will never purchase a Samsung product again
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

As it is trade-in related issue, we kindly request you to contact our Online shopping team.

Please try to contact our Online shopping team by the link given below, so that they will help you accordingly.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

0 Likes