Original topic:

Ridiculous no charger

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 02:40 PM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
So I've supercharge issue. Rogers gave me otterbox and it won't charge my s21 ultra at supercharge speed. It charges s20 fine.

Otterbox sent me replacement. Same issue.

Samsung won't help because I'm using non samsunf charger.

So now I've to go buy samsung charger to prove them something wrong with phone. So ridiculous. 

Don't tell rogers to sell non samsung chargers if u won't provide your users support!

$1500 phone with no charger 
7 Comments
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Samsunf support says using non samsung chargers voids warranty. Ridiculous.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Haha yeah okay. Unless Samsung uses the camera on your phone to see what charger you're using, there's no way to prove what charger you're using. Not to mention that there's nothing from Samsung that says you HAVE to use a Samsung charger.

Ridiculous is right! 

Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Support won't help me. They blame me
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah, Samsung is all about protecting the environment by not including the charger... lol 😂

https://www.greenpeace.org/eastasia/press/1259/dumping-4-3-million-samsung-phones-is-an-environmenta....

Screenshot_20210704_173314.jpg

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Samsung discovered that many Galaxy users are reusing their earphones and chargers that they already have at home even after purchasing a new phone. Our past models already have standardized chargers and these chargers are widely available at home. Samsung also applied a standardized, USB-C type charging port since 2017, so older chargers are still compatible with our newest Galaxy models. In addition, Samsung wanted to reflect the recent wireless earphone usage trend. Reflecting on these usage patterns of customers, Samsung reviewed the composition of the products from various perspectives and is transitioning to the removal of a charger plug and earphones in our latest line of Galaxy smartphones. Samsung believes that the gradual removal of charger plugs and earphones from our in-box device packaging can help address the growing e-waste problem and remove any pressure that consumers may feel towards continually purchasing new chargers with new phones. Samsung is trying to eliminate unnecessary waste of resources by prioritizing compatibility between product components, and through these, Samsung is committed to providing the best possible experiences for our Galaxy customers.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

That's just nonsense!

It's clearly a cost saving measure for Samsung!

For people who have never owned a Samsung phone before, they have to buy a charger & for people who sell their old phones when they get a new one, they will usually include their current charger with the sale of their old one.

Samsung didn't have a problem dumping 4.3 MILLION Note 7s creating an environmental disaster!

And it's not the first time Samsung disposed of phones, even by burning them!

https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/news/dumping-4-3-million-samsung-phones-is-an-environmental-disaster-....

zicdeh
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
BS just say it's Cause of money. I've never heard of anyone complain about having a spare charger or headset and "decide to throw it out" 🙄