Original topic:

Ripped off

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 10:53 PM)
AJ27
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Being ripped off by the trade-in company claiming my old S8 has a screen burn and I will lose $90 on my trade-in offer of original offer of $101.

I'm very skeptic of this new value as it comes when companies are canceling the pandemic pay and who knows what else they do to go back to padding their bottom line again. 
10 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Some burn-ins are just general display aging, which is harder to see for the untrained eye
0 Likes
AJ27
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
You will have to excuse this cynic for not taking their word at face value.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Don't worry. Trade-ins are scams anyway. You could have probably resold your "burned" S8 for about 300$.
AJ27
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for the warning.
And yet still got $200 for my wrecked Note 2
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Unless there's a huge promo, which Canada rarely has, for trade ins. don't do it. Even if you sell it at a loss on kijiji or Facebook market or wtvr, you still get more than their trade in value.
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
If it's still Clover Wireless doing the trade ins, give them a call and nicely argue you case, it might work. When I traded an old Note 4, they told me is was US model and not a Canadian model, even though I bought it from Telus. After some discussion, the lady just gave up and agreed on the predetermined value.
Clover Wireless parent company declared bankruptcy few months ago, but somehow still operating. I wouldn't do Samsung trade ins anymore.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks everyone for the help...

Hi AJ27, Do you know that Samsung Trade-In Promotion allows customers to trade in an eligible device and receive an instant trade-in credit toward the purchase of a new qualifying Galaxy device?

If you want to know more about it, then hit the link below

https://shop.samsung.com/ca/tradein

0 Likes
AJ27
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
They're refusing to budge on their alleged findings.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi AJ27, Trade-in value is determined by the current resale market of the device being traded in; specific make, model and condition are also used. We analyze markets constantly to ensure you get a fair trade-in value.

0 Likes