Original topic:

S Pen inaccuracy near top left

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 10:34 AM)
AbduCh04
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So in my experiences with my Galaxy S22 Ultra, the s-pen has been great and pretty accurate in most areas of the screen except near the top left of the screen where the s-pen drifts away from the actual location of the stylus. I do not have a magnetic case on that could interfere with the electromagnetic signals of the digitizer. I have tried resetting the s pen and it didn't fix the issue.

As you can see in the photo, the S-pen hover pointer is slightly above where it actually should be.

So, I decided to test other S22 Ultra models in stores and they all have the same issue of drifting away from the pen location near the top left area of the display.

I was told as temporary fix to turn off touch sensitivity in the settings but it was already off, and I tried turning it on and off again, and the same issue persists with the S Pen not drawing in the correct spot in the top left region

Can this issue be fixed with a software update?

Thanks!

10 Comments
Galaxy S
Can you show us in a screen recording?
AbduCh04
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
As you can see, the pen hover pointer is slightly above where it should be20220630_205916_9458_1656637251.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I see. Hopefully future firmware update fix the problem.
AbduCh04
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
If you have the S22 Ultra, do you see similar problems in the region I showed. I tested other S22 Ultras and they all had the same issue
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes, is a litte off. But just off when it is in floating pointer. Once you touch the screen, it is on exact point.
0 Likes
AbduCh04
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Are you talking about drawing or touching the button? Because for me it still draws a bit off
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I tried on couples app, like sketch book. Touching is fine for me, floating pointer is off then.
AbduCh04
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah, for me drawing sometimes is right and sometimes is off but the pointer is always off
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we would suggest you to Open Samsung Members >> Tap on Diagnostics >> Tap on Test hardware >>  Tap on touch screen to check and optimize the performance.

0 Likes