Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S Pen Smells like Burnt Rubber

(Topic created on: 05-31-2023 09:18 AM)
nuraliampatuan
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Did anybody notice that the S Pen has this burnt rubber smell? Or is it just me? Though it is working well. Do I have to go to a service center?
6 Comments
KyleKyle
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Don't worry my guy, that's normal. If your phone heats up like 37°C to 40°C and you use your S-Pen, it will give off a burnt-ish rubber smell. If you ask me it's kinda addicting
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Observe closely your phone's battery. It's abnormally giving up higher heat, and your S-Pen plastic casing is absorbing the heat. Does your S-Pen (made of plastic and parks besides the batt) look crooked? Likely, the upper portion, its plastic melting is exposed to high heat, perhaps melting.

What's you device model? I believe it's not S23U, coz it's corrected designed with special Snapdragon chipset. Cool.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I Have S23 Ultra
0 Likes
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
KyleKyle and yours truly, are S23U users too. Mine doesn't give out any smell at all. Kyle may have the smell, but he loves it, like pork BBQ, perhaps 😜. Check any plastic (black) color deterioration. If there's none, then it's ok, but just be alerted.

Somebody here had this issue weeks ago, posted melted S-Pen photo. I will try to post the link here.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello nuraliampatuan,

Thanks for reaching out to us in order to find out about other member's having similar experience in S Pen that has burnt rubber smell. I feel and understand what's your situation, taking care of my device too much, if I encountered the same, I will get worried too.

With limited view of what's really going on your device, I highly recommend bringing it to the nearest Samsung Service Center in your location. Rest assured that your device will undergo an assessment to pinpoint the root cause of the issue. They may guide you and offer solutions to restore it.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

or you may book an appointment with the Samsung Members app as follows:

Support > Book an appointment to set one.

Should you need further assistance and guidance, you may contact us on our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Be sure to click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" when you find our answers helpful to you.

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.