Original topic:

S10 battery replacement

(Topic created on: 01-01-2021 01:27 PM)
dom7
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is a safe way to replace the battery? How does Samsung recommend replacing the battery for my S10 +? What is the price and how can I still insured is waterproof? I've looked at the forms and I cannot find a reference for Canada

Thanks
0 Likes
7 Comments
dom7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
my battery is okay but I do notice some significant degradation to it over last 2 years
0 Likes
Solution
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi dom7, I suggest you to open Samsung Members App and test your battery.
Click on "Get Help" >> Phone care >> View more >> Interactive checks >> Test the battery.

0 Likes
dom7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thank you. I did that and the results were "Good". Given that, relatively, how does that compare to a new battery? I'm finding im at 15% warning my 8pm. I just got a quote for $120 from a Samsung Care vendor. is that a good price?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi dom7, I suggest you to get the device examined by the authorized technician and get the battery replaced. Please note that due to Government COVID regulations, most of the service centers would be operating with curbside pick up/drop off and non-functional depending on the locality. Please contact the live chat by using the link below and they help you set up the service. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
dom7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I will.. what does "Good" battery life mean? how does that compare to a new/replacement battery?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

On my S20 Ultra, which is fairly new, I get "good" on the interactive Battery check, so if you get the same, then the battery in your phone should be fine.

It's normal for the battery to degrade slightly over time, but there's a couple of things that I would do before replacing a battery that tests as "good".

If you haven't, definitely booting into recovery & wipe the cache, it's not a "fix-all", but it does clear out the junk that maybe in cache, which could be causing additional bat drain. 

Next, I might back up the phone with smart switch & factory reset, eh will bring it back to as it was when first received state.

You can over time accumulate a number of apps that are constantly running in the background, this will DEFINITELY cause excessive battery drain, so you may want to check which apps are constantly refreshing & running in the background. 

Should you decide to get the battery replaced, (I probably wouldn't from what you describe), I would definitely get it done by a Samsung service center to maintain it's ip68 water & dust certification. 

keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes