Original topic:

S10 does not have band 17 enabled

(Topic created on: 06-22-2019 09:49 PM)
MystTake
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Band 17 isn't enabled and thats the main band I use in my area so I have bad signal compared to my S8. I dont understand why this was disabled for the Canadian model when compared to previous models. Even the US model has band 17 enabled.
7 Comments
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Everything Samsung and Canadian is worst than the rest. We don't get ANY OS improvements or anything. Just bare security updates.
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
that's up to carriers I believe
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Carriers bid on spectrum allocation. If a carrier does not have band 17 as an option they do not have it allocated to them. Switch carriers of need be, reason why I left Telus when I moved to a new area. Rogers has purchased the most in spectrum allocation.
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'm with Rogers and I've used band 17 for a long time now on previous phones. I dont need you to comment on allocation cuz that's just unnecessary I know what bands work in my area thats why I specifically pointed out band 17 and no it's the phone that DOES NOT support it out of the box. If you look at GSM arena the Canadian model doesn't even have band 17 listed. I was googling around and found a guide that enables more LTE bands and as soon as I enabled band 17 it shows up immediately when I enter *#0011# and my signal strength improved plus if I want LTE+ for carrier aggregation of course I would want an additional band to be active on my phone. I'm on a grandfathered plan obviously it's not best interest to switch to another carrier but that being said this has nothing to do with the carrier it's the phone that can't pickup the band 17 signal in the first place. You didnt even read the thread and only the title I said my S8 was able to use B17 fine.
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Hey kook take it easy. Didn't know that you were so easily triggered by a reply. wasn't trying to be anything but helpful. YOU however need to get on with your group therapy with anger management...sheesh! Thanks for the laugh I needed it 😂
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
helpful in what sense your contribution didnt really mean anything but I appreciate it Kappa 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Lol using Twitch lingo...now that's pretty funny 😂
0 Likes