Original topic:

S10+ Dual App WhatsApp Missing Media after latest update

(Topic created on: 04-09-2023 07:40 PM)
SimonMing
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Dear All, 

Previously, Samsung had problems with the WhatsApp Dual App whereby it cannot detect medias from dualapp ...and can't even open any pdf/documents inside it.

I have 2 Samsung phones & 2 numbers. 1 phone died abruptly & I had to set up a Dual whatsapp on another phone.

Finally on 2nd Sept latest update, they have fixed the bug and media appears on our Gallery Folder.

However, the medias prior to the 2nd Sept update, are all missing in my Dual WhatsApp chat ..with pictures in blurred version stating "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist in your internal storage" 

Before this, eventhough it is not stored in my gallery -- But I can still open the media in my Dual WhatsApp, probably because it is still supported by backups on my Dual Whatsapp's Google Drive.

Now, I can't even open the previous medias prior to 2 Sept... Only photos after 2nd Sept.

I just want to ask, on my Settings, it still shows my Dual Whatsapp has the original 5GB data ....

However, when I did the latest backup on DualWhatsapp, it shows backing up 300MB of data ( Shouldn't it be 5GB above? )

If I were to install the existing Dual whatsapp from current phone , into a new phone ( with the same Phone number ) --- will the WhatsApp on the new phone has all the data previously backup on Google drive ages ago (assuming the 5GB data is still there)? 

Thanks 
( Of cuz the easiest way is to buy another new phone and try to install the Dual Whatsapp Number ...sigh )

6 Comments
Mel82
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I contact samsung text chat online service today ( 08/09) Nothing they can do except wait for thw latest updates. ( same story few months ago when i complaint)Very frustrating because i bought a flagship phone from samsung yet this kind of problem do exist. Initially they say is whataspp problem. Then i contact whatsapp thru email and they say is none of their problem. See, the problem is samsung whatsapp duo function is not recognise by whatsapp itself.
Reshsu
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Now top problem
0 Likes
Reshsu
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
All mobile aftet update 1 semptember update
0 Likes
Reshsu
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have same problem when update android 12 ui4.0 dual whatsapp Problem solve
0 Likes
ksthasanmaruf
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I can't find dual app
0 Likes
WeakSamsung
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I purposely bought samsung for this dual app function, weak samsung~ this is going to be my last phone ... Imma back to chinese phone, more reliable
0 Likes