Original topic:

S10 full screen?

(Topic created on: 03-23-2021 08:46 PM)
rjw99sd
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

When I purchased my S10, one of the important selling points was the entire full screen, edge-to-edge display. But following a recent update (January 2021?), the display shrunk, and a black edge border now appears. Apparently, some gimmicky BS option (edge panel lighting) has replaced the entire full screen display. Any fixes to get back a very important feature? I'm a heavy, so I apologize if this has been addressed previously! Thanks all...

0 Likes
4 Comments
rjw99sd
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I'm a NEWBY, not a heavy...😅

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Settings/Accessibility/Advanced settings/Flash Notifications/ 2 choices for this

Is this what you're looking for ? Or you're talking about One Hand Display ? It make the display smaller
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

I have a S10, fully updated and have full screen and never seen the problem you are describing and can see no way to cause it in settings.

I am thinking it could be caused by an app that you have installed on your phone that might not be compatible after the update.

Edge lighting should not cause your screen to shrink.

Uninstalling questionable apps might find the culprit 

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please try the suggestion provided by Cassidy and Ray2. Let us know if it works. Thanks, Cassidy and Ray2.

0 Likes