Original topic:

S10 issue

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 03:20 AM)
sher22
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hey for the past two days my S10 has been freezing up, the touch doesn't work the only thing I could do is force shut off my phone with the side button. Is anyone having this issue? This issue happen 3 days in a row around the same time.
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Not very likely that it's a general S10 issue.

Try Booting into Safe Mode & see if it continues to happen.

You could also boot into recovery & wipe cache, If it's still happening, backup with smart switch & factory reset. 

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please try tp reboot your device in safe mode as suggested by RedDogRabbit. Please try to start your device in Safe Mode and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the below steps to start the Tab in Safe Mode. First, completely power off the Tablet. Then, power on the Tablet, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. Once you're in Safe Mode, check for the issue. To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your Tablet and it will reboot normally. Note: You can also enter Safe Mode by pressing the Power key, touching and holding the Power off icon, and then touching the Safe Mode icon.

Please get back to us if the issue still persists. Thank you for the response, RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
JEcken
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am also experiencing touch screen issues. They started immediately after the second last software update. Current update installed is the one released Feb 1, 2022.

I did the safe mode start, and the issue did go away. When I restarted as normal the issue is still there. What is the next step?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I've had touch screen issues occur with a couple different devices - What ultimately fixed the issue permanently was to Factory Reset on both devices & the issue never returned for me. 

If you decide to Factory Reset - Backup with Smart Switch first! 

0 Likes