Original topic:

S10 Play Store problems after update from Sep 2021

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 05:52 PM)
marcusvnac
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My S10 stopeed downloading updates from Play Store after the last system update. Same happened to my wife's S10 Plus. We did all we found online but resetting it. Is there anything else to do to solve that or Samsung just messes upd with the last update?
24 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Someone else posted about having trouble downloading / updating from the Play Store. I don't remember what device they have, but I really don't think that it's the update itself, although anything is possible.

The other person was able to download / update using Cellular Data, but not WiFi.

Has this issue been there since the OTA last week, or just today?

You can try resetting your network connections (make sure you know your passwords!).

Try a Reboot?

Really need some more information to help narrow down the problem. 

0 Likes
marcusvnac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Since the update was installed on my phone last week on Thursday or Friday. I connected that to the update because both my wife's and mine stopped worked right after the update.
0 Likes
marcusvnac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I also already rebooted it a number of times, cleaned the caches from Play Store and Download Manager a few times, removed and re-added my google account a couple of times and also cleaned the system cache. Also removed the Play Store updates to restore the stock version. Nothing seems to work, bit interestingly, after a while the Play Store shows itself in the last version again.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Play Store will always update itself, even if you have turned off auto update on the Play Store. Google has it set up that way & you can't stop it from updating.

Are you able to download / update using Cell Data? 

marcusvnac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I just did a test downloading from 4G instead of WiFi and it worked. I reset the wifi connection but it's is not working yet. On wifi it downloads and get stuck on 99% and gives me an error "couldn't update"
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Sounds exactly like what the other person was experiencing. 

You could also try resetting your Router, "Forget" your home WiFi network & reconnect to it, or if there's another Wi-Fi network available near you, ie: Tim Hortons etc & test if you can download / update using a different WiFi network altogether? 

marcusvnac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I looked at the other post and noticed that the user is using the same ISP as me. That alerted me and I tried using VPN over my wifi and ir worked! Looks like there is something really strange going on with our ISP.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Maybe contact your i.s.p?

Really don't think that it's related to the recent OTA, certainly hasn't created any issues with my WiFi network & the Play Store on my S20 Ultra. 

marcusvnac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
After connecting the dots with ISP problem I found a Reddit thread about it. Looks like that there is really something going on with it: https://www.reddit.com/r/regina/comments/pzi6sc/sasktel_youtube_issues/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_s...