Original topic:

S10 Plus issues since recent software update

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 08:16 PM)
Charmer
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I recently performed a software update on my S10 plus, after the update was complete I attempted to make a phone call, and the app wouldn't open. It kept saying Phone keeps stopping. So I contacted Samsung support. I was told to try a restart the first time and then soft restart by holding the power key and volume down. Next , I was told to start up in safe mode. I was also informed to try a factory reset. When I attempted to reset (factory) as directed, it would shut down. Settings would shut down and say Settings not working. Various of my phone commands and some apps are failing to work properly since this update.  Basically is has corrupted some apps and functionality. Same error message when I tried to use my phone to make a phone call. Oddly enough I was able to answer a call but unable to access the app to make an outbound call. After many attempts, and no success I simply downloaded a nrw phone app as I didn't want to perform a factory reset 🙃. Atleast now I can make calls again. I followed recommended update and now I have a phone that isn't working properly. 

Disappointed Samsung user 😞
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You are turning off your phone first right?

Then with the phone off,

you press & HOLD Power + HOLD Bixby + HOLD volume UP  until the phone vibrates & then RELEASE all three at the

SAME time?

It should be impossible for you not to boot into recovery. 

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@RedDogRabbit

@charmer wrote this : The problem is my phone isn't responding to my commands.

This is why i give him the CHMultimedia answer

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It wasn't clear to me if @charmer was starting with the phone turned off? 

I've never heard of the buttons not responding when the phone is turned off, I've been able to boot into download mode when there wasn't any operating system installed (but that's another story). 

There's a protected partition that is always available. 

But maybe I missed something in what @charmer said?

I would think that if you can't get into recovery to  factory reset or boot into download mode, with the phone off, then there's another issue going on. 

Charmer
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Please forgive my ignorance, not familiar with some of the info suggested with your fix. I followed the instructions of the Samsung rep at support when I messaged them earlier. I haven't tried your recommended steps yet. I'll be trying those tmrw. I've already spend far too much time trying to get this resolved today with zero luck today. Revisit tmrw
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Nothing that you need to be forgiven for 🙂

Samsung support isn't always the best resource, I've heard some horror stories about it! 

But I'm pretty confident that unless there's an actual hardware issue, you should certainly be able to get into recovery & factory reset. 

Like I said, there's a protected partition that will allow you to recover from almost anything. 

Samsung phones are almost impossible to actually break & as I said earlier, I was able to recover a phone that didn't have any operating system installed, because of the protected partition, mind you it was a bit more complicated because I had to get into download mode to flash the Samsung firmware, but it can be done 🙂

Charmer
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I really appreciate all the suggestions. Tmrw is a new day. I will try the suggestions tmrw and let you know how I make out.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@charmer
Hope you won't have to send your device to a Samsung Service Center...we crossed our fingers 🤞
Charmer
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thank you
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Unless there's a hardware issue, I don't think that @charmer would have to send the phone back to samsung, but it does require some knowledge or step by step assistance. 

Galaxy S
that really **bleep**! this is my first week with my s9 plus and it's also my first time having an Android instead of an iOS which I love way more, but tonight it's in black and white mode and unlike last night where I was able to change it back in settings tonight it won't change back to color and I'm so frustrated right now. I hate when stuff happens like this! that's a real bummer what happened to your phone too!