Original topic:

S10 plus quick battery drain

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 05:28 AM)
vratislavia
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

hello,

I've been using the s10+ for a year now. Unfortunately for the last 1-2 weeks my phones battery has been draining fast. I'm using it the same way I did since I bought it. I recently did a factory reset and it is still draining fast. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks 

20 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's possible that the battery is on it's way out. You can check the battery health using the interactive tests on the samsung members app.

Since you already factory reset & the battery is still draining quickly, the only other thing is to see what apps are draining the battery & limit their usage of the battery. 

vratislavia
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I already checked the phone on samsung members. The battery is at 100% health. ive cleared the cache, did a factory reset, and don't have any apps draining my battery. I'm using the phone the exact same simple way I have since I got it ONE year ago. Why would the battery be crapping out after 1 year. I bet it has something to do with a samsung update. How does a flagship $1k phone go into demise after only 1 year?? This is ridiculous. Up until a week ago or so, I was able to get 1.5 days worth of battery power. Now I can't get through 1 day. Wow.i am disappointed! 

Anyone else with any suggestions?

Anyone on here represent samsung??

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Screenshot_20210512-064914_Settings.jpg

Maybe check in settings. Search for "Optimise" & see if the battery is set to optimise battery usage. 

vooxo
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Exactly what I started to notice recently, and the first thing on my mind is a MAGIC update, that will force all of us to buy new models.

We all know what Apple did to their phones, and almost no one could actually confirm what the update actually does.

If that's the case, I'm extremely disappointed, but not too much surprised.

They're all here for (our) money...

Sarangg
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Might be some malware in your phone
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I suggest you please reboot your device in safe mode and check if you are experiencing the issue. If you are not experiencing any issues in safe mode, then the issue could be due to any third-party application you installed recently. To do this, you need to completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen.

0 Likes
vratislavia
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I'm in safe mode now. Battery usage seems to be a bit better but that is to be expected when 95% of my apps are disabled! What kind of a flagship phone after 1 year needs to have most features disabled to last a whole day? I've had the same apps on my phone throughout all of 2021 thus far. My work iPhone is older and gets batter battery life than my s10+. Did I make the wrong purchase last year? My God. 

Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Safe Mode will restrict mobile data access to 3rd party apps completely. If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem. If the device still has problems while booted into Safe Mode, reset your device after a backup of the data. Otherwise, it will erase all the data. Please get back to us with the results. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.
Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
vratislavia
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Just finished the reset.

Second time in 1 week by the way. 

0 Likes