Original topic:

S10 update tonight-tomorrow

(Topic created on: 05-27-2019 09:19 PM)
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Do we update our not????

The article from Sammobile has me pretty nervous about doing it and I am one of the ones that have to have an update the minute it is released but also don't want any unneeded problems since my phone is working great other than the fingerprint problem that is a whole different problem.  Unlike Shaggy1 who has a different phone for every day of the week I have only one phone that is working very well and don't really need some unnesesary problems.
So do we update our just let Shaggy1 do it first and learn from him or can we trust him to tell the truth about the problems?????????????

Kind of like a lottery question
20 Comments
Galaxy S
I'm going to update once the OTA is available & I'd be happy to report any issues that I notice - One thing about the sammobile.com post - It's referring to the International variant - Exynos - So we may not have any or the same issues (hopefully) 🤞
I charge a two drink minimum for "Guinea Pig" testing lol 😂 🐧
Anyway - If I'm awake in a couple of hours - I'll download & update then - or early tomorrow morning (after coffee 🤪) Either way I'll give you a heads up if I discover anything - Bear in mind that IF there are any issues - they may not present immediately 🙂🐧

p.s. I already backed up my device with Smart Switch & I ALWAYS at least Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache after applying any OTA fwiw 🕊
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Tap water's on me 😆

Only the finest in clean water, locally sourced from the nearest pumping station.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I am thinking your address would be appropriate if we are to forward you drinks 🤣🤣
0 Likes
Niki1
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
@Ray2 what issue do you have with the fingerprint? I am have issues with it as well.
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Not sure if it is a problem with my fingers being too dry or the sensor but the only way I can get it to work is to lick my finger first wipe off the excess moisture and then try it.
Also I have to redo my fingerprints often as my phone seems to forget them
Guess that is what we can expect for 1st try at something new
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Possibly they are doing is a favor and not giving us the update.
Nothing from Telus yet either
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
omg yes, I am having issues with the fingerprint sensor ever since I installed the May update. It got so bad, I had to turn on the face unlock. It simply doesn't work when my finger is abit dry. It's such a disappointment.
MAP
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
No update in bell either
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well - That's the "big three" Bell - Rogers & Telus haven't released the May OTA.....