Original topic:

s10 update

(Topic created on: 01-27-2020 02:23 PM)
anitat
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
The update caused everything to lag. All the apps opens like very very delayed. A few time when I had my lockscreen flicker like somone was pressing the buttons to turn on my phone. The finger print scanner wont work 85% of the time.(fyi it used to work perfectly) my chrome would freeze (white screen) a lot of the time. Or it would just freeze the phone. Have to do hard reset at least three times a days. 
9 Comments
Galaxy S

Hello,

just our of curiosity, did you do a factory reset BEFORE upgrading your device.

If you do a quick search in the forms, you will see that is always the best thing to do, for a nice clean install of the new software. It is not required, but I have been doing this since my Galaxy S5 maybe and I rarely run into issues. I would recommend you to do a backup of your device and then do a factory reset.

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Try clearing cache in recovery first.
Galaxy S
Yes, do the wipe cache partition in recovery mode first If phone still lagging, then think about factory reset.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, I agree with these peeps @GG2 @Tallman and @Samsungmad and @Cassidy for pointing you to a great tutorial ! wipe cache 1st, give er a few restarts👍
Try it.
If it doesn't work and you conclude you need to do the factory reset 🤦‍♂️ think about a doing a backup of your device 1st! 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
SamsungMad
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have to agree as I have a S10+ and I have no issues like you stated in your post, So I would highly recommend clearing/wipe cache and a factory reset it that doesn't help.
ludite
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have an A20, and cannot get rid of the lock screen.
Anybody out there have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Galaxy S
You can try Settings→ Lock Screen→ Screen lock type

Choose None

This will get rid of lock screen I guess.
anitat
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
uhm ok I'll try that thanks
0 Likes