Original topic:

S10e battery overheating issues

(Topic created on: 04-19-2022 12:24 AM)
Yasir_Rafeek
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone, even after one UI 4.1 update, my phone's still overheating. The phone's only been a year and half old. Very disappointed. Only way I cool down my phone is either switch it off or turn on flight mode. Please help if anything can be done. 

0 Likes
5 Comments
NaethrenSH
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

You can check that issue in Samsung authorized service centre and did you use any sort of thick or black or even dark colour phone cover? Sometimes dark colours would pull heat and light colours would reflect the heat.....

0 Likes
Yasir_Rafeek
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
My warranty is already over. Nope. I even removed the phone cover to see if it solved the issue, but it didn't. I only felt the heat in my palm even more.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You may try to put all your apps in deep sleep mode so it won't run in the background which couod lead to unnecessary overheat, except for those apps that you need to receive the notification on time and stay active in the background (e.g whatsapp, telegram, instagram, spotify).

it also has helped to improve my SOT as well.
Yasir_Rafeek
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Already done. I've also selected no background processes from developer option. Didn't improve the condition
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
You could try side-loading good guardian apk with thermal guardian apk from apkmirror dot com. After installing both apps, open good guardian->thermal guardian and slide the slider all the way to the left. U can also tweak the additional features in it. See if it improves the thermal.

Sorry to see another S10 Exynos user getting a lemon device. From this point on, nothing else u can do other than changing to a different device since I've known quite a few S10 and S10+ users where their phones would get warm to the touch and/or overheat.

Example is the Exynos S10 that I've got for my father, where FB scrolling and youtube watching, the phone would get too warm to the touch. Comparing to my S10+, mine was one of the lucky ones that remained cool to touch or juz slightly warm, doing the same tasks. In the end I traded the problem S10 for a Exynos S20+ during launch and the overheating was even worst. But Thermal Guardian installed in S20+ helped a little in reducing the heat. Hopefully it is helps to improve the condition you facing.Screenshot_20220419-000551_Good Guardians.jpg