Original topic:

S10E issues after UI4 update

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 10:39 AM)
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Unsurprisingly, for me, I am having issues after another UI update.  My battery life has been shortened.   Before I hear about "updates can't case battery issues", I assure you they can and do as evidenced by the last UI update.  My S10e went from an average of 3 days on a charge to less than 6 hours.  I deleted apps, I followed some suggestions that I found here and was able to make some minor improvements, and no a factoey reset was not one i was (or am) willing to do.  Finally after a couple months Samsung released their "bug" fixes and my battery issue was mostly resolved. Here we are again and my battery might last a day, if I'm lucky.  I'm getting tired of this.
Two other things I've noticed are that the "recent apps" only show system apps, not the actual recent apps. There is a game that I play regularly, I can no longer use the recent apps button to play, I have to comb through my apps to access it. Why Samsung? Why would you do this? 

The other is the auto rotate button that used to be in the shortcuts tray. It's gone. I found it by searching settings, not as a button but one of those hidden features. I turned it on. It doesn't work. I had a game that I like to play in landscape mode, nope, can't do it anymore. Not a major life altering issue, but again, why? Why move the auto rotate? Maybe the game app is no longer compatible, or maybe that app has other issues, I don't know, but I tried getting my screen to rotate in other apps, including system apps and the home screen, and it won't. 

The lessen? I'm afraid to update my other phones because this one has been such a problem. I just wait until the fixes get released and then try. I'm getting increasingly frustrated and disenfranchised by Samsung despite being so committed for so long. If there was something other than Apple, I'd probably start switching.
10 Comments
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, for the auto rotate feature, we recommend you to check Samsung members app.
You can use the Samsung Members app to perform a series of automatic checks on your device to ensure that everything is working correctly.
1. Open the Samsung Members app>>tap on get help>>tap on automatic checks
Your device will run some checks to make sure that everything is working.
If there are any issues with the sensors in your device.

0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
There is no "automatic checks" option. I ran the diagnostic tests individually for what looks like the shortcut buttons. No evident issues.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I have a S10 - not the e model and the auto rotate toggle is still there in the pull down menu.
It just changes names when selected.
It either says auto rotate or portrait depending if auto rotate is selected
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you Ray1! That does the trick!
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

For your battery issues I have found booting into recovery and wiping the cache after all updates makes a considerable difference in time between charges.

You don't say what you have tried so I will not give instructions on how to do this unless you need them

0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I've tried that before without success. I didn't bother this time. The security and bug fix that came out a month after the Ui3 update resolved the battery issue...mostly. I guess I'll just wait for the bug fix.
Thanks for the suggestion!
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
There should be an update for your device on the 14th according to Telus schedule.
Possibly deleting the cache before didn't work for some reason that the update fixed.
It doesn't hurt to try it as you lose nothing and I have found it helps every time I notice my battery not lasting as long.
I am not seeing your problem for the recent apps not being available.
I have tried different apps and they seem to all show in recent apps
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks. Much appreciated. I'll consider the cache deletion.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Lexi98, that's good to hear that your issue is solved.

Please write back to us if you require any further assistance.

Thank you Ray1.

0 Likes