Original topic:

S20+ 5g Charging port

(Topic created on: 07-28-2021 04:47 PM)
rlittlefellow
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My phone for over a month now has not been able to charge correctly

Started with moisture in port. This didn't go away for 4 weeks. Eventually started to charge again but takes 4 hours to charge and any of my peripherals such as hard drive now cause the moisture detection error again when I plug them in. This usually clears then I may resume slow charging. 

Now the moisture detection has come back.

I have tried gently cleaning the port, safe mode, soft reset of phone nothing is working. 
5 Comments
ccollin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi rlittlefellow, have you tried charging your phone with another cable? The cable might be the issue. If it still does not solve the problem, it might be best to bring the unit down to a Samsung Service Centre.
0 Likes
rlittlefellow
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I've tried 3 other cables and the result is the same just can't get rid of moisture detection. I have yet to try a hard reset but don't really want to do that as I'm currently outside of the UK
0 Likes
ccollin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Are the temperature conditions you are charging your phone in too low? This might cause water vapor to accumilate in the charging port. Maybe you can try charging your phone in a warmer environment instead?
0 Likes
rlittlefellow
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm currently in bahrain, so around 40c currently.
0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello rlittlefellow. I am Faiz, from Samsung.

We are sorry for the inconvenience issue that you are facing. May we invite you to book an appointment at our service centre - https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/where-to-find-samsung-service-centre-in-singapore/ where our service engineer will assess your device and advise you accordingly?

Thank You.

0 Likes