Original topic:

s20 5g

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 01:44 PM)
Bart71
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Has anyone developed issues in the last couple of days with receiving sms/mms pictures that are blurry, but email the same picture is clear?
0 Likes
16 Comments
sr999
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes. in the last few days my galaxy S8 had an update and now received pictures are blurry but fine received in email.
0 Likes
Bart71
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
ok, i was on customer support (virtual) and they said it was the carrier. did a network reset same thing. so, if you or anyone has a resolve please keep me posted. thank you
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Bart71, I suggest you to please contact the carrier and let us know their response.

0 Likes
Bart71
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
i actually did call them and they claim its a program issue. my wife has the sane carrier and a samsung s10. she has no issues. she did say she paused the update because she fears of this happening.
0 Likes
SuzyQ1
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
My S8 just did an update yesterday and since then all pictures I receive are blurry.
SO NOT COOL!
0 Likes
kaiess
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yes, just did the update this morning and received texts from 2 different people with pictures so blurry I couldn't even tell what  they were!  I'm on Rogers.  However, one person sent 4 pictures and only 1 was blurry, other sent 2, both of which were blurry.  

0 Likes
M3lGiN
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Yess all pictures on my s10e are blurry through MMS. So frustrating
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Bart71, Thanks for letting us know the response of your carrier.

Hi Samsung Members, I can see that @kaiess is on Rogers. Could everyone please let us know your carrier? I suggest you to perform wipe cache partition by following the instructions below and check if you can get the pictures without any issues.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Bart71
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
yes. rogers , fido and virgin. four members have the same issue
0 Likes