Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ dead pixel

(Topic created on: 10-14-2020 10:37 PM)
chickpea
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Has anyone experienced having dead pixel/s on their screen? The phone was tested out when I bought it but we didn't test dimming the screen light, and only then did the dead pixel appear (noticed a week or two after). It is still under warranty, would like to know if anyone has turned in their device with dead pixel/s at a service center, and what was the resolution?

Update (10/14/2020): Currently at SM Megamall service center and they're replacing the LCD free of charge. Have to turn it in for 2-3 days though but might as well. Sadly found out that they reduced the price of the S20+ by 19,000php as a promo for the month of October. 🥲
9 Comments
Galaxy S
That should still be on the warranty. Bring it immediately to your Samsung Service Center.
chickpea
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thank you! I'll bring it today.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You're welcome. Don't forget your mask and social distace. Stay safe and healthy. 😊
chickpea
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you so much, you too. Have a good day. 😊
0 Likes
Troyyyyy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
mine is from Hongkong. can i still avail warranty here? i checked on emei i sti have 1 year warranty
0 Likes
Troyyyyy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
*here in the phil
0 Likes
chickpea1004
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
regarding your concern, the guy before me was asking the same thing as his phone was purchased in Singapore. And the same thing as Catharsis stated that they don't acknowledge warranty for gadgets bought in other countries.

Depending on the damage, it might be costly too. LCD replacement for one phone was quoted at 4000php. And another damaged phone was quoted at 12000php. I think you can still go to a service center to have it checked for free. Not sure, but they have an "inquiry" desk.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Sadly but Samsung wont cater warranty outside the phone region.

They could still handle and fix your unit for a cost.
chickpea1004
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
So I can't access my old account (chickpea) but just an update on this, I went ahead and brought my phone to SM Megamall's service center (without appointment) it took 3hrs to get everything done because I forgot to back-up some files and had to manually do it over data + from no people at 2pm, a lot of people came in at around 4pm.

If the unit is still under warranty, and if proven that the issue with the phone/device is in fact a factory defect then they will service the phone no charge. They kept my phone and informed me that it might take 2-3 days or earlier to repair. In my case it took a day. They changed the LCD and the battery.
0 Likes