Original topic:

S20 FE 5G U.I. 3 update

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 08:19 AM)
inYYZ
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Folks, I see the S20FE being updated to Android 11 in many regions globally. When is this going to happen in Canada?
Anyone with inside info from our great carriers?
16 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Samsung support chat is not very well informed to start with. For years they were telling people that the next beta was "definitely coming soon"! Canada has never been eligible for any Samsung beta, ever!

So whatever they tell you, I'd take it with several grains of salt! 

Sabsung
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Oh he was very honest. He had no idea. Ridiculous.
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
ok, so now the a50, a older midrange 0hone is getting the January security update but still nothing for the s20fe..so Samsung, maybe change the name from fan edition to f**k the fans edition
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
guess what? now the 2 year old s10 series is getting android 11 but the s20 fe still nothing...I would love to hear someone from Samsung explain this!!!
inYYZ
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Second that. Issues like this and others like super expensive internet or lack of up to date tech with banking make me feel like Canada needs to play catch up on the double.
BrutusLeJulien
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
i went from motorola to samsung. i got over the years a S4, S5, S7, Tab 10.1v, Tab E 9.6 and now the S20 FE 5G. my deception when i saw i can't unlock my bootloader anymore but now... cant even have a decent upgrade schedule for a brand new phone !! My last samsung ever.
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
it's funny that there are multiple threads about the s20 fe not getting the update yet, but not one response from samsung to explain...really bad customer service, we spend thousands on their products and can't even get them to explain why they are not treating us like valued customers...