Original topic:

s20 fe 5g

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 12:58 PM)
mike8606
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hey Samsung, there are multiple threads on these forums about the android 11 update for your so called fan edition s20. I would like to know why a 2 year old phone (s10 series) is getting the update while us fools who bought the s20 fe thinking it was part of the s20 series (monthly updates and prompt android updates) are still waiting.
I have read every thread asking this question but have NOT SEEN ONE ANSWER FROM SAMSUNG to answer to this. Do you think so little of us who have spent money with your company not to answer and explain??

16 Comments
samuel462
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I knew this was going to happen that when the s21 series launches samsung will completely forget about the s20 fe.
0 Likes
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

And when you have received the new version, you will still cry because in the end there is not much change or you like the old version better, or the new version consumes more energy, etc., etc.

And by the way, S10 owners also paid over $ 1100 for the device and the S20 FE $ 949.

mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
s20 fe was released Q4 2020, the S10 2 years ago, irrelevant how much the phone cost at the time
0 Likes
Retsushi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
And it's because of the sale of the S20 FE in USA that they made a profit....
FA11
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I always thought that the s20 fe would get the update along with the s20 line up but I guess not. I am so annoyed of this update crap. I don't understand why damsung is playing it like this. why can't they just release the update to all existing devices. it honestly is annoying.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You will have for sure but carrier support may still delay the update for your model...Take your time, it's on the go

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-fe-android-11-update-just-went-truly-global?__cf_chl_jschl...

0 Likes
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thats pretty much a non answer, the s20 fe is part of the s20 series, so samsung should have released the update at the same time as the rest of the series or at the very least before they released the update for older phones
0 Likes
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
also where's the January security update??? according to samsung the s20fe is on the monthly update schedule, last update I got was December, we are now in February...
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
You aren't missing much. They added a new icon to quick settings, made the home screen worse, and made battery life worse.
0 Likes