Original topic:

S20 FE Android 11 Update

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 08:04 AM)
Reagan
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi All,

I was looking for some post regarding S20FE update but the one I found did not have much information other than the fact that the OS Update will be released on December 27th, 2020 in Canada. It is January 4th, 2021 and I cannot see an update or any suggestions from Rogers/ Bell or Tells regarding the OS update schedule for S20FE Android 11 update. Does anyone know when we can expect to see the latest update?
14 Comments
jokkir
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
The update should have already been released as a family member got their update already.

Did you buy your S20 FE from Canada or is it a Canadian model? Go to Settings > About Phone and check the Model Number. The Canadian version should be SM-G781W. I assume you already did a manual check for the update too?
Reagan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It is a Canadian model only that I bought from Freedom mobile. It is however unlocked as all phones are unlocked now.
0 Likes
Reagan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I bought it from Canada only. I have the same model number as you suggested but there is no update available. When did your family member get the update? The last update I got was the December security update on December 15, 2020.

Screenshot_20210104-114353_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
itsGill
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yes last was on 15 Dec and there is no info right now about android 11 for 20FE. wait for this Friday and we may get some info.
0 Likes
jokkir
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I apologize. The update my family member got was the big one for OneUI 3.0. There wasn't wasn't update until that last time same with my S20U
0 Likes
itsGill
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
There is no android 11 update today for 20FE. This week only device getting android 11 is note20/note20ultra. Don't follow US update list.
0 Likes
Retsushi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm on Vidéotron, but bought the FE unlocked directly from Samsung. Still no Android 11 for me also.
0 Likes
Sabsung
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I also purchased mine from Samsung.ca, I'm with Telus, no android 11 yet. I bought this phone to replace my three year old Pixel 2 XL which has had Android 11 since September. The waiting continues.
0 Likes
Reagan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It arrived in the US today. Hopefully we should have it within this week as well.
0 Likes