Original topic:

S20 FE view cover and Waze

(Topic created on: 04-20-2022 02:14 PM)
MustangTogi
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Guys I recently got a S-view cover for S20 FE (navy), even though Waze is set to "prevent auto lock" and the cover is set is "Always-on display ", when the cover is closed Waze goes to sleep..what do I do?

12 Comments
macer1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Hi.  I don't own a S20FE but S22U.  

You might want to check that your Secure lock settings is not set to auto lock when screen turns off, which is likely when you close the cover.

Settings.

Lock Screen.

Secure lock settings.

Auto lock when screen turns off.  Set it to a longer duration than Immediately or whatever seconds.  I normally set it to 2 minutes but if you are driving and need it, you may want to change it to perhaps 30 minutes depending on your drive and change it back when you are done.  Otherwise, it can be a security issue.

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you macer1.

Hi, As suggested by macer1 please change your lock duration in settings and keep us posted.

0 Likes
MustangTogi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks guys for the quick replies, but unfortunately there are no options to extend the lock periodScreenshot_20220418-120758_Settings Suggestions.jpgScreenshot_20220418-120933_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
macer1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Hmm.  I'm guessing that because you did not set up a secure lock like a PIN or something else other than Swipe that the Secure Lock settings doesn't show up?

If you don't mind, could you just try to create a PIN to set up the secure lock and see if that secure lock setting shows up?  And if so, see if that changes anything?

Of course, that means you will then have to deal with inputting the PIN to unlock your phone which can be a nuisance.  But you could also set up other biometrics lock like Face, iris or fingerprint unlock so that you can unlock the phone in an easier manner?

0 Likes
MustangTogi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Ok I'll try that now
0 Likes
MustangTogi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No smart lock was only good for keeping phone unlocked based on area or device, as soon as the lid closes it dominates every setting. The only solution I found this morning was to leave it ajar in the car like a taco shell in a V shape in the cup holder, or to hook it up android auto
0 Likes
macer1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Check this out and see if your phone has such a setting.

https://michaelkwan.me/how-to-disable-the-magnetic-screen-lock-for-android-devices/

0 Likes
macer1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

I think it has something to do with the magnetic component of the S view cover.  You'd first need to figure out whereabouts the magnetic part of the cover is on the case.  I'd use a magnet or something that will detect the magnet.  Once you determine the area of the case, try to insert or tape something thick enough to block the magnet from connecting to the phone.  In my case, it looks like a couple of plastic cards like credit cards or hotel cards, or just regular paper cards that are thick enough.  Or something thick anyway to stop the S View display from showing up when you sort of close the cover.

It seems that the S View cover won't light up when I close the case.  So, perhaps, and that is a big if, this may work.

MustangTogi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
That's actually a really good idea. I just wished Samsung would have an option to allow Waze through when it's running..
0 Likes