Original topic:

S20+ Green lines on screen ( I am extremely disappointed)

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 12:24 PM)
Stylishtea
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I have been buying Samsung phone since S6 edge. I got S6 edge, S7 edge, and now S20+.
I loved the S20+, I treat like its my precious. Well it is was pricy, so its a given that it will be treated with the respect that it deserves.
Bought one of the expensive screen protectors and casing for it. Has been serving me very well.

Until 2 days ago, when that dreaded green line just appeared on my screen out of no where. I have never dropped my phone. Yet it just happened.
Seeing 1 line of my phone screen's wallpaper starts to change colour all of sudden, I panicked. Wasn't able to focus on my work for the day.
I rush to the nearest Samsung Service centre, but only to meet with despair. 

"There is no alternative fix, you are going to have to change the whole screen. Including the battery, and it will cost you RM 980(USD 225) that is excluding the battery." That is what the service centre employee said.

I am extremely sadden, a flagship phone of 2020 only lasted for 2 years? A screen change would cost me the same amount as a cheaper phone? I thought Samsung has quality and reliability standards. 
Clearly I was wrong. 
I have learnt my lesson, this phone maybe the last Samsung phone I will ever purchase.

12 Comments
PhongNihBoss
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same here , hurmm
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Well my dad's S20+ is still alright. Seems to me, the line appears randomly. My S1 till my S10+ still solid. Just boot up my S1 and S6 last month for nostalgia. Didnt notice anything out of the ordinary. I even daily drive my S7 Edge and S22 Ultra now with not much complains other than audio quality for media consumption. My sis is daily using my S8+ and S10+, playing Pokemon GO.

Only culprit I guess is not all products they manufacture are created equal I guess, since their QC over at Samsung Vietnam factory is a total cow dung. My S10+ Exynos was properly cool with normal uses, yet my dad's ex-S10, 2 other friends ex-S10+ had overheating devices. All were manufactured in Vietnam. Browsing FB, watching YouTube and the phone would heat up more than my unit. Lol. Which was why I conclude their QC ain't doing their job properly. My S22 Ultra is slightly warm with just typing in this Samsung Members app. 🤦‍♂️ Can't they just slap a huge proper cooling interface and calls it a job well done? Kept optimise optimise, put things that is just cukup makan. And when the scenario that is beyond its optimised capacity occured, oh throttle it.
0 Likes
Stylishtea
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I would love to have that huge proper cooling interface. It would definitely helped.
0 Likes
bellwsaadan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am facing the same issue on my S20+, a vertical green line just appeared out of nowhere while I was scrolling Twitter. Apparently a lot other S20 series users globally face this issue as well, and Samsung is not speaking about it. I haven't brought my phone to a service center yet. Sigh. RM980 is a LOT of money when we have already spent RM3k+ to buy the phone. So unfair.
0 Likes
Members_yB4gZuP
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Sama laa better sxxxxx lepas nie jual gajet x berkualiti... abih waranty semuanya rosak 

0 Likes
Members_yB4gZuP
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Betul tuan saya setuju saya pun jadi macm tuan line hijau timbul di layar baru 2 thn pakai s20 plus ... memang nie yang terakhir saya pakai gajet samsung 

0 Likes
MOD_2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Stylishtea,

This is moderator from Samsung Members Community.

Thank you for feedback in Samsung Members. We truly regret with the experiences you had with your device, Samsung Galaxy S20+.

We seek your kind understanding that we could have to maintain the consistency in applying the warranty terms at https://www.samsung.com/my/ support/warranty. For product that is outside of warranty periods, costs may incurred for any service request at our Authorized Service Centre.

Hence, we're regret to inform that we're unable to provide discount and/or FOC on the repair costs.

As a token of appreciation of you being our valuable customer and ardent user of Samsung products, we would like to offer you a special gifts.
Please check your private message box (Inbox).

Thank you for your support and stay safe.

0 Likes
Stylishtea
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
"Hence, we're regret to inform that we're unable to provide discount and/or FOC on the repair costs."

I'm starting to feel like the mobile phones only work normally as long as the warranty exist. I expect this type of reliability problem to only appear on cheaper phones but to appear even in flagship phones.

Just goes to show that Samsung 's built quality, and reliability has dropped significantly, even if its an expensive flagship phone.

Regardless, I will take this as a lesson.
Don't buy flagship phone for its not worth the price anymore.

For Samsung, unless you improved your built quality, quality control, and mobile phone reliability.
Your "valuable customers and Ardent users" numbers will start to dwindle down.
You will start valuable customers turn from an ardent Samsung user to "was" an ardent Samsung user.

I pray this won't happened in the future.
0 Likes
najwahudaa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am using Note 20 and after the August update, the same issue arises like yours. Was also told to simply replace the screen. You know what, let's change to Apple after this. Samsung quality is so **bleep** apparently
0 Likes