Original topic:

S20+ Green lines on screen ( I am extremely disappointed)

(Topic created on: 05-07-2022 11:09 PM)
Stylishtea
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I have been buying Samsung phone since S6 edge. I got S6 edge, S7 edge, and now S20+.
I loved the S20+, I treat like its my precious. Well it is was pricy, so its a given that it will be treated with the respect that it deserves.
Bought one of the expensive screen protectors and casing for it. Has been serving me very well.

Until 2 days ago, when that dreaded green line just appeared on my screen out of no where. I have never dropped my phone. Yet it just happened.
Seeing 1 line of my phone screen's wallpaper starts to change colour all of sudden, I panicked. Wasn't able to focus on my work for the day.
I rush to the nearest Samsung Service centre, but only to meet with despair. 

"There is no alternative fix, you are going to have to change the whole screen. Including the battery, and it will cost you RM 980(USD 225) that is excluding the battery." That is what the service centre employee said.

I am extremely sadden, a flagship phone of 2020 only lasted for 2 years? A screen change would cost me the same amount as a cheaper phone? I thought Samsung has quality and reliability standards. 
Clearly I was wrong. 
I have learnt my lesson, this phone maybe the last Samsung phone I will ever purchase.

12 Comments
Members_Jn7seBU
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi Moderator

I also have the same problem here today with my S20+ like the rest of the users - the dreaded green line only after 1.5 years of use.

Had to spent close to RM 1k (USD 230) to replace the screen.  Feels like a knife thru the heart.

Clearly this is a quality issue on Samsung side.  And it does not appear that Samsung is doing enough to address the problem.  

If you value repeat customers for your future products, you need to do better.  

Tshri
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm having this issues since April it's 18 months Contract n finished on April 2022. Following week green line appeard . Now it's 5 lines including white, green and pink.
Really disappointed with Samsung.
Please help
Stylishtea
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I perfectly understand what you are going through, it's really frustrating at times using your phone only to see that obnoxious green/white line on your screen. Unfortunately, as consumers our only option is to replace which might cost us as much as a mid range phone.

We should take this as lesson then, that it is apparent that some flagship phones have dropped in reliability. Not all of them, but we are just the unlucky few that have them.
0 Likes