Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ Pink Line Issue

(Topic created on: 04-26-2022 05:19 PM)
Jrr0
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Recently I updated my phone to one UI 4.1 on the 21 April.
25th April after I went out, I had this pink vertical line on left side of my phone. Contacted samsung support, got generic step by step help, didn't work.

26th April went to customer svc centre, quoted $366 for a repair for 3-5 working days because my phone is out of warranty. 
The guy just said could be 1. Dropped the phone or 2. Third party apps

Yes I dropped my phone many months ago, not right after the update. I went to safe mode and the issue was still there.

I don't think im the only one out there facing this issue, I see people in India etc posting about this.
Outrageous that I have to fork out the bill when I did nothing wrong.
11 Comments
vsrk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Same issue for me. Suddenly out of the blue. And I never dropped my phone. Support says the usual stuff, go to center and fork out 50+ for them to say what is the problem. And then foot the bill for screen change maybe.

0 Likes
vsrk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Surprisingly, a screen shot does not capture the pink line.
0 Likes
mew56
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yea cause its on the lcd
0 Likes
Jrr0
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Update 30/4 Green vertical line appeared at 9pm :)
0 Likes
Jrr0
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Green line just became white line
0 Likes
mew56
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same thing also but now mine has increased from 1 to 2line now
0 Likes
vsrk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Luckily for me still one pink line only, so still able to use the phone.
0 Likes
Markkk
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here, but is green line instead. I did not even drop my phone....Got my 1st green line early this year. Those green lines are like covid.... it can spread and get worse. I have 5 green lines on the screen now. Sooner the screen will be fully covered with it. Disappointed with Samsung's flagship phone.

0 Likes
Jrr0
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Update: 5/5 went to svc centre send in phone for free evaluation and possible one time free phone repair

7/5 went down to collect phone. Samsung changed LCD+battery(come together) for free with screen protector.