Original topic:

S20 plus otg tidak bisa setelah one ui 3.0

(Topic created on: 12-27-2020 08:27 PM)
Fadilm91
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all. Setelah update one ui 3.0, semua usb accessories not working properly. Apps yang biasanya di one ui 2.5 bisa access usb otg sekarang gk bisa lagi kyk video/music player. Usb hub, usb dac, mouse/keyboard, otg gk bisa. Usb otg cuma bisa dibaca aplikasi type file explorer. Usb nya gk ada masalah, ntfs/exfat/fat32 gk ada yang bisa, dan ssbelumnya cuma pake fat32. Pake dongle usb c nya samsung atau yang lain juga ga bisa. Di root foldernya gk ada file android.hardware.usb.host.xml, jadinya opsi 'usb controlled by this phone' gk bisa dipilih. Hpnya gk di root, tapi punya s6 yang diroot dan klo file itu dihapus punya gejala yang sama, klo dibalikin filenya, usb nya normal lagi. Di s9, dan s10 gk ada masalah. Saya butuh access usb otg krn biasanya kerja on the go langsung lewat hp save ke usb nya. Saya gk mau root s20+ karena masih baru dan saya make fitur dari knox. Ini bagaimana solusinya ya? Udah factory reset dan clear partition cache + repair

14 Comments
Nabi555
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
i've read from reddit n this is the quote...Open Developer options, then type in (USB configurations) and open, click on Default USB configuration which then displays 5 options I chose transferring files I then restarted the phone on plugging in...
Fadilm91
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
it would be the case if you can't access the usb at all because the default config is not mtp or file transfer. i can browse the file just fine, but only from file explorer apps. the issue here is that the os can not act as a host to usb device, so it can not give permission to other apps to control the usb directly. this is usb host mode issue. it usually fixed by adding android.hardware.usb.host.xml, android.hardware.usb.accessories.xml, and some other lines in the xml files that allows the phone to interact as a host, which i couldn't verify as I don't have root access. android 11 have some permission changes compared to previous versions, you can't even access storage/android/data anymore for 'privacy concern' as google said which is not really the case in my opinion. i don't know what they did here, either they changed it, or they forgot. but the issue is most likely caused by the missing xml files for usb permission that can be verified from the older version
0 Likes
Nabi555
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Try this one bro...

download the latest version of MiXplorer (A simple, yet feature filled & comprehensive file manager/explorer. [APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)Please note that you will first need to go to device Settings>Security and enable Unknown Sources. Now install the MiXplorer app that you just downloaded. Go into the app Settings>More Settings and scroll down until you reach the option called "Enable OTG" and enable the option. This option will install custom USB OTG drivers on your Android device for FAT32 (R/W), exFAT (R/W), and NTFS (R). Note: this DOES NOT require that your device be rooted.

Once you complete the above steps reboot your device and attach a USB OTG storage or peripheral device with your MiXplorer app open. You will see a file directory on the left hand side of the screen recognize your OTG device. Grant any storage permissions prompted on your display and you now have OTG support. 
Fadilm91
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
there is no problem accessing the file from file manager. i have mixplorer and solid explorer and both works fine. the problem is samsung or google put restriction for usb otg and not all apps can have direct access to it, which is why in the newer android version, you will be asked to grant permission to access the usb otg if a third party apps trying to open it, and file explorer will be working just fine. in the previous android version i can mount the usb and directly control it from any apps with some that ask permission to write. one of mx player developer sums it nicely here

Screenshot_20201227-231725_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Fadilm91
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
the other thing that bugs me is why usb host mode no longer available ? this also caused issue with other usb devices
0 Likes
BanyakGaul
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Mungkin bug aja.. apakah sudah submit bug repot?
0 Likes
Fadilm91
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
udah submit, tapi log filenya gk bisa kekirim berkali kali. apa textnya juga gagal ya klo gitu?
BanyakGaul
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Gagal terkirim lewat feedback bro?
0 Likes
Fadilm91
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yang (+) > error report. trus dibawahnya ada opsi send system log data. ditunggu lama, tapi upload lognya gagal trus. dikirim textnya aja.