Original topic:

S20 series vs S10 series, wait for a discount for the S10 or S20 series

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 07:15 PM)
Geico
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
I don't think people who have the S10/e/+ devices should update to the S20 series phones. The only things that have been improved are the cameras, which are amazing, batteries which are bigger to incorporate with the 120hz displays. The processors as always are better. The ram is a bit better. Either than that, I don't think people should upgrade, only upgrade if have the money to upgrade, want the amazing cameras or want a phone which can last a little bit longer. 

What do you think? 

Respond in the comments.

I will update this post with specs comparing and more.

Thanks
29 Comments
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
The S10 series looks way better and the camera module looks better as well. I don't know why they got rid of the heart rate sensor, I know not that many people used it, but like it's always good to have it. I have a Gear S3 by the way. Maybe cause people would just buy the watches to use the heart rate sensor.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I also have a gear S3 lol and I think that's the reason is they hope you buy watch
300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I think the best update Samsung could make is to guarantee an extra year or two of software support. honestly at this point their hardware is so good it doesn't make sense to only have two years of software support (user interface). As much as I enjoyed the launch yesterday I wasn't really impressed by anything because I already have a great device. I'm sure the display rate and camera will be amazing to play with but I personally can't justify the additional expense.
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I agree, if they changed the series name to S20, they can change their software policy. Hopefully they do that. I'm thinking they might do that with their new Samsung Mobile CEO.
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
If the S20 line had full control of ALL the cameras in Pro Mode that would be a step up...anyone read any details on that?
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
No, I don't use pro mode that much, cause I rely on the camera to do it's job.
0 Likes
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Need manual settings for astrophotography...not having access to wide or tele really frustrating...
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
"Samsung broke tradition. Instead of phasing out last year's flagships, it's cutting the prices for the S10s, so they now start at $599 instead of $899.99. That means you can continue to buy the S10e, S10 and S10+, which are still great phones. In fact, the company's Senior Manager of Smartphone Product Strategy, Caleb Slavin, told Engadget, "The S10 is going to be our new entry point into the flagship lineup." He added, "It's a great way for a consumer to get a premium device at an accessible price point."
-From Engadget
0 Likes
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Too bad my Note 10+ 1299 cad $
0 Likes
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
dec 23 purchase
0 Likes