Original topic:

S20 Ultra 5G Rear Camera Cracked

(Topic created on: 07-24-2021 10:51 AM)
DamanGill
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
The rear camera of my phone bought in December 2020 cracked while lying on a flat surface. I searched on internet and found that there are many customers who are facing the same issue because of the internal pressure and camera design. My service provider asked for $ 175 for repair and $ 400 for a new one. Crazzyy on top of that i pay $14 dollars every month. Not only this u spend on cover and other extra safety and the company simply gets away saying it is a physical damage even when it is not your fault at all.

Please share if the same happened to you as well.

7 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices. For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service center directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

If you have Samsung care plus, then Call Us at 1-877-699-1356, 24 hours / 7 days per week (including holidays) to initiate a service request. You may be eligible for same-day repair at one of our specified service locations. You may be required to provide the original Confirmation Letter for the device or any other information We may reasonably request.

0 Likes
DamanGill
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi Georgine

The phone is under warranty but company calls it physical damage. My phone is in a safe cover and it never fell.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Samsung provides 12 months of warranty from the date of purchase, physical and liquid damages are not covered under warranty.

0 Likes
DamanGill
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
My phone was in a safe place and cover and i always put it upside down. As u can see in the picture there is a reasonable space between the camera and the cover edge it never touches the surface.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I don't know, but that looks like whatever surface your phone was on, wasn't flat.

I've also got the S20 Ultra & it's not only in a very good quality case, but I've also got a tempered glass lens protector & a Whitestone Dome tempered glass screen protector.

That little "bullet hole" suggests some kind of impact, not just resting peacefully on a "flat surface".

I really don't like Samsung's "physical damage" policy on warranties, but if I were looking at your phone, I'd decline the warranty on it. 

DamanGill
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The answer is this lawsuit for the same issue.
0 Likes