Original topic:

s20 ultra apps crashing after latest android update 5-27 uninstalling system WebView does not fix

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 04:46 PM)
jackvosney
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

hello, my s20 ultra apps are all crashing after latest android update 5-27 uninstalling system WebView and chrome does not fix the issue. Ive also cleared the cache for system WebView and chrome. The camera app is the biggest crasher, chrome comes in 2nd. Can someone please help its driving me insane!!! 

System software version G988U1UE2DUE1/G988U10YM2DUE1/G988U1UEU2DUE1

13 Comments
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Have you tried clearing the cache partition after the update?

Power down device. Then press and hold the volume up and side button until you see the recovery console. Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate. The power button to select. Once you clear the cache partition, reboot. Hopefully this will fix the issue.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Looks like he said that he cleared cache for System, Webview & Chrome? 

jackvosney
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

just tried this and it did not help unfortunately. Thank you for the info though.

0 Likes
jackvosney
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

yes WebView and chrome cache cleared

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

That Firmware version belongs to a US S20 Ultra. Are you located in the US? 

jackvosney
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

i am indeed in the US

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

This is Samsung Members Canada. You might want to visit Samsung Members US.

FWIW, I don't have any of the issues that you are experiencing, but if I did, I would backup my S20 Ultra with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. 

jackvosney
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

recording video is definite way to cause it to crash. Not sure if they helps decipher the issue. 

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. In this Community we Samsung Members assist each other with any suggestions or troubleshooting issues with our Samsung devices in Canada. We request you to contact Samsung US support.

0 Likes