Original topic:

S20 ultra camera glass crack

(Topic created on: 05-19-2020 08:39 PM)
Alpha1
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
After two months of usage I can see a hair like crack appearing to run across my s20 ultra camera glass. Is there anyone else having the same issue. I have never dropped it. It's really frustrating :(. Please guide if there anything Samsung is looking into it. This **bleep**. When spoke with Samsung they said its not their fault. I checked forums. I can see 100s of people face the same issue. 
15 Comments
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
it's a known issue with the Ultra and Samsung knows of the issue. unfortunately you'll have to replace it which isn't fair.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
This is a knowing problem from the S20 ultra, I'll try to found something for you about this.
Where do you live ? Ask for a refund...Check this..
https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-phones-are-reportedly-cracking-around-the-camera/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-camera-glass-breaking-issue/

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-ultra-design-flaw-rear-camera-glass-break/?__cf_chl_jschl_...

it seems starting with a little crack

Samsung support has given these customers the cold shoulder. The company’s warranty doesn’t cover cosmetic damage, so the only option is to pay to have the camera glass replaced. Samsung’s official repair centers have quoted customers $400 US for a fix, or $100 for those with Samsung Premium Care subscriptions. At that price, it’s likely Samsung will replace the entire camera module rather than just the glass. The company has thus far refused to admit there’s a problem with the phone, and forum moderators have removed many of the complaints. It’ll take a much more widespread pattern before Samsung changes its tune.
Alpha1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Is the replaced glass also breaks? Any idea on it. Anyway they will be replacing it with a same quality back glass right. :(
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S
Hi @Alpha1,
I understand your situation. Please visit any Samsung authorized service center so that they will examine the phone to check the root cause. If he determines that it is due a physical damage then you will be charged for the repair. Samsung is also offering Door to Door service. Refer below link to search nearest service center.

0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I find it hard to believe that they will ever side with the consumer on this one. How exactly are they supposed to differentiate an accident from a manufacturing fault such as too much tension on the glass?
Alpha1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks everyone for your response
❤️ Stay safe
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@Alpha1
And don't forget to put a link (favorite) to this discussion when you'll see technician to show them it's a device problem. Camera's glass can't support the pressure of the device.
0 Likes
Alpha1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@cassidy yup. I already had a chat with an Samsung agent where they say it's not their fault at all😂 they are not ready to listen as they think it's for only some people. Then I forwarded them with the link of forums. After that they said as of now they can't do anything as Samsung did not give any information regarding it. Only way is to fix it by ourself with service centre. I'll update here with the cost once I fix it :)
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
In Québec, we are protect about those kind of situations...but not about covid-19 lol
0 Likes