Original topic:

s20 ultra rebooting itself

(Topic created on: 03-31-2020 06:44 PM)
psuri
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Is someone else having the issue that s20 ultra reboots  itself ,i am seeing now almost everyday ,even sometimes twice, please help, I have rebooted ,clear cache 
10 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Please, disable the auto-restart mode in the Device Care settings...To do that, open Device Care, click on the 3 dots on the top right and disable auto restart...OR change the settings to let the device restart 1 or 2 times a week, it's good for the device .

psuri
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thanks will try that
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hey psuri, As mentioned by @Cassidy please check the auto-restart option is disabled. If you still face the same issue try clear cache partition and if it did not fix the issue.

It could be due to third party application, Try Safe Mode and check if it fixes the issue.

Note: If the issue is fixed in safe mode then third party apps are causing it. 

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@psuri

did I solve your problem or your device continue to reboots itself ?

@Kinsley

I'd like to update my article on How to make a clear cache partition and i have'nt those information for the S20 series...Can you give me how to proceed for those S20 devices please ?

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices/m-p/3156063#M19438 

0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

@Cassidy,

Below are the steps to wipe cache partition for S20 series

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. Wait for few seconds then the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down / up key to navigate between the options & highlight the Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
psuri
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
it did restart again today will check if it does that again tomorrow, but thanks for asking
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Maybe Pictures are better, personally i set my device to auto restart 1 time each week BECAUSE i am not using my phone a lot.. if you are a hard user, twice a week is better...Following pictures are showing my settings. First click on the 3 dots and follow the pictures
psuri
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
its still doing it , I was watching Netflix and it crashed and restarted 3 times, not happy samsung
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Psuri

Is this only happened with Netflix ?

Kinsley told you this, : 

It could be due to third party application, Try Safe Mode and check if it fixes the issue.

Note: If the issue is fixed in safe mode then third party apps are causing it

Did  you try his recommandation ?

0 Likes