Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Ultra Screen Issue post update

(Topic created on: 01-23-2023 07:56 AM)
Chanchan26
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
After numerous attempts to defer the update, it would still and will still push through. I had my s20 ultra on March 2020, experienced oled burn as early as dec 2020 and at the start of 2023, the dreaded screen issue.

It is really frustrating how Samsung Ph respond to this issue. With the number of complaints s20 series users, it is but obvious that the issue is not isolated nor user intiated. It is simply because of a deployed faulty software update which basically, ruined our screens. And now, they have the nerve to charge us 13k for the lcd replacement. Lol. Can someone please explain why a flagship phone worth more than 60k is like a snowflake, so brittle, so fragile? Considering that the issue was reported way back in 2021 mitigation plans should have been initiated, apparently, they're obviously after your money. tsk tsk. Hope DTI can look into this.
25 Comments
Galaxy S
its not the update
0 Likes
Chanchan26
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If it is not related to the update, then were they able to triangulate the potential cause of the issue? A technical advisory and an action plan should have been made and distributed to affected s20 series users. oh well.
Galaxy S
samsung did, i am i of many that have the screen replaced, and mostly the affected are manufacturing date was feb-mar 2020
0 Likes
Chanchan26
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Good to know. I am one of the first recipients of this unit. I got mine on March 9, 2020. Even attached a receipt to my email but oh well, it seems that we are nothing but a mere source of money. They are asking me to pay 13k or buy anything worth 20k in order to have the phone repaired for free. Lol. I told them that we purchased a Zflip4 on the same day we went to the service center and they do not consider it since the purchase should be made in the same samsung store. lol. As much as I dont want to use other brands, but I think it is time to seriously evaluate and reconsider.
Althea
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Mine got repaired after i purchased from their official store at North Edsa. But i agree with you about that they should atleast honor a receipt from buying on their other store as long as it is bought brandnew, that could give a relief on the consumer end.
Chanchan26
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@Althea is it the what they refer to as, Customer Retention Program (CRP)? It is sooo ironic that they offer me this program 2 weeks after the case has been forwarded for evaluation. I told them they should've said it in the first place rather than making me wait for 2 weeks of nothing but a discounted repair. 😕
Althea
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I feel your frustration.
0 Likes
SN1054
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
My partner's Zfold2 is currently experiencing the same and we are pushing Samsung PH and service center to provide explanation what caused the issue kasi ang vague and generic ng response nila.

Even their CS have no empathy at all may tatawag daw at escalate pero weeks na wala padin. Nakaka-dala magSamsung dahil sa ganitong experience, hindi worth it ung price tag sa hassle and inconvenience.
Chanchan26
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Haha gasgas na yung we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding - As if pwede natin gamitin yang phrases na yan ipambayad sa service centers nila.

Funny part is, ipit talaga sa situation considering na out of warranty, either paayos mo or hindi or simply nagsayang ka ng malaking pera. tsk tsk
0 Likes