Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Ultra Screen Issue post update

(Topic created on: 01-23-2023 07:05 AM)
Chanchan26
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
After numerous attempts to defer the update, it would still and will still push through. I had my s20 ultra on March 2020, experienced oled burn as early as dec 2020 and at the start of 2023, the dreaded screen issue.

It is really frustrating how Samsung Ph respond to this issue. With the number of complaints s20 series users, it is but obvious that the issue is not isolated nor user intiated. It is simply because of a deployed faulty software update which basically, ruined our screens. And now, they have the nerve to charge us 13k for the lcd replacement. Lol. Can someone please explain why a flagship phone worth more than 60k is like a snowflake, so brittle, so fragile? Considering that the issue was reported way back in 2021 mitigation plans should have been initiated, apparently, they're obviously after your money. tsk tsk. Hope DTI can look into this.
SN1054
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
As in. Nakaka-"bobo" yung email response nila kung pwdeng mag DSAT sa lahat e.

Kaya nga e, we decide na after our Samsung phones ngayon last na namin 'to. We could be just dot sa revenue ng Samsung pero ang panget talaga ng experience.
Chanchan26
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same here. Been waiting for more than 2 weeks for an update, inoofferan ako discounted repair - in short maglalabas pa rin ng pera.

I understand that they would not admit naman, if it is really their fault, pero the mere fact na naestablish na hindi mishandled yung phone tapos biglang nagganyan? then makakabasa ka na other users eh nakaexperience ng same issue? i dont think na "nagkataon lang" un. obvious naman kasi.

Will reconsider everything based sa next steps ni Samsung kasi di talaga nakakatuwa. Yung amount ng phone na binibili eh substantial enough as downpayment sa sasakyan lol
Galaxy S
thats the sad reality we are just a numbers, but i saw others who are affected either white screen, green line sadly they are hiding the possible culprit like the device actually was water damaged or has been tampered by 3rd party
0 Likes
Galaxy S
as i recall i was adamant via email on my concern the CS handled my case instructed me to no need to keep emailing or calling just wait for her callback true to the CS word i got the call and advised to wait for the service center update when the device is ready for pickup, this was on aug 2021 in which i saw others with same white screen issue that also been repaired regardless from luzon/ vizmin
0 Likes
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
August 2021? Parang under 1 year warranty pa yong phone mo.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
nope warranty ended april 2021,
0 Likes
Galaxy S
1st screen replacement aug 2021 2nd screen replacement sept 2022
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Chanchan26,

We are sorry to hear that the latest update for your Samsung Galaxy 20 Ultra is experiencing screen issues while the response from Samsung PH did not meet your expectations.

For sure, we are taking it by heart all your feedbacks and suggestions here, in the event should there be improvement, patch and updates to come; this helps us improve more of our products, apps, and services towards enhancing Samsung Galaxy experience for all.

In the meantime, if you can submit an error report through Samsung Members app so our Tech/Engineers will look at it to  include in the next update as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Display".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

For more assistance and guidance, you may contact us on our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)
Chanchan26
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Update: Case management team informed me that my phone does not qualify for the CRP and they insisted of having me accept the discounted repair. If I caused the issue, I would appreciate the discount. BUT if it is Samsung initiated? No. they should cover all the costs. I think it is only but appropriate for this particular scenario. In short, phone unfixed, no compromise, no anything. Way to go Samsung!
0 Likes
SN1054
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Nakaka-dala na talaga sila.

My partner decided to do a repair para lang magamit na ung phone and guess what? Happened in exact a year!!! Jusq Samsung!!
0 Likes