Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Ultra White Screen

(Topic created on: 09-20-2021 11:35 AM)
ouzzakye
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I am experiencing this issue as with many other S20 users globally. I am taking this to the service center later. My concern that my device is 5 months off warranty and I've read in other posts that it's gonna cost me around $400 for a new screen and as we all know even warranty doesn't cover screen replacement. Since this is a known issue globally and it's not triggered from user's end, is Samsung going to do anything about it? From other posts and forums, imo, this issue only starts to happen mid this year, and that's when a majority of S20 users have their warranty expired. Is it a coincidence? I'm not speculating anything; All I'm hoping is to know whether it's a good idea for me to send this to Samsung or to have some other third party shops which might be able to do it for a cheaper price?

8 Comments
skrattardu
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
faced the same issue. Samsung did a product exchange for free
ouzzakye
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

What about warranty? Cos mine's expired 5 months ago.

0 Likes
skrattardu
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
they told me my warranty had expired but since I didn't have any issues or visited the store for any other purposes before ,they let it slide i guess?
0 Likes
MaxXIII
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Which service center did you go to?
0 Likes
skrattardu
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
plaza sing
0 Likes
ouzzakye
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
sorry took so long for a follow-up. they didn't do an outright change but changed almost everything. motherboard, center piece, lcd, etc. it was for free. but now im having issues. all of a sudden my bottom speakers seems to cease functioning and every now and then it will lose it's ability to vibrate. rebooting solves the latter but after a few random moments same issue persists.
0 Likes
rahmannek
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same here, S20 Ultra 

I never expect this from Samsung !!!

0 Likes
krushnamandlik7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have been having the same problem for the last few days. The screen of the mobile suddenly turns white, after a while it recovers again. But this problem is increasing day by day. Samsung is not talking about this issue. Why pay when nothing happened to the display. Samsung Service Center give advice to change the display when nothing happens.

0 Likes