Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S20+ Vertical pink line

(Topic created on: 02-20-2022 07:41 AM)
ENJ0
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
A vertical pink line appeared on my screen 2 days ago. I saw it appear as I was using my phone. I suspect that this is because of the new software update (Android 12, One UI 4.0). I updated my phone last Jan 19 and upon some research, many other users have been complaining about this issue—even a lot with the same model as me! To anyone saying that this is an issue with my display which is a hardware issue, I really doubt because I've had this same problem about 4 months ago but it's a faint vertical green line with the same position of the current pink line. It was resolved after I installed a software update, it just magically disappeared. I really hope that Samsung publicly addresses this issue with the new software and S20 phones. I'm really frustrated, it bothers me a lot. Hoping that a software update to fix this will be released as soon as possible.

As you can see, the pink vertical line is very bright and visible.

56 Comments
Galaxy S
Better call the hotline to discuss this and have it assessed by samsung service center
Galaxy S
Check your manufacturing date!! is it mar 2020??
ENJ0
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I just checked right now. According to IMEICheck.com, my phone's manufacturing date was in June of 2020.
0 Likes
NarendraS20plus
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

My phone was manufactured in march but why does that matter?

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Becase most of with white screen and pink screen issues common denoninator is manufacruring date
0 Likes
PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hello @ENJ0, my GF's Note 20 Ultra had the same issue. You're correct, the recent update should've resolved the issue. Have you tried updating for the Feb Update?
PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
This one.Screenshot_20220220-172017_Software update_36485_1645348817.png
0 Likes
ENJ0
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi @PasteR, the last update I got was still the Android 12 update. I guess the release of the Feb update varies for different devices. Here's a photo:Screenshot_20220220-173345_Software update_96429_1645349625.jpg
0 Likes
PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh, sorry, possibly. I had my S21 updated today. This update probably should fix the issue of your phone. For sure, the update will be available for your device soon. 😀