Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S20+ Vertical pink line

(Topic created on: 02-20-2022 01:57 PM)
ENJ0
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
A vertical pink line appeared on my screen 2 days ago. I saw it appear as I was using my phone. I suspect that this is because of the new software update (Android 12, One UI 4.0). I updated my phone last Jan 19 and upon some research, many other users have been complaining about this issue—even a lot with the same model as me! To anyone saying that this is an issue with my display which is a hardware issue, I really doubt because I've had this same problem about 4 months ago but it's a faint vertical green line with the same position of the current pink line. It was resolved after I installed a software update, it just magically disappeared. I really hope that Samsung publicly addresses this issue with the new software and S20 phones. I'm really frustrated, it bothers me a lot. Hoping that a software update to fix this will be released as soon as possible.

As you can see, the pink vertical line is very bright and visible.

56 Comments
ENJ0
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I see. I really do hope that the upcoming February update fixes this issue and that Samsung releases it soon. 😔🙏🏻
Ge-Gel
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
the feb update was not able to fix the issue..
0 Likes
Ge-Gel
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
the same experience here..my phone was updated with the latest software but the pink vertical line still there..i got note 20 ultra 5g..
PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Update: I'm currently using my GFs Note 20 Ultra now. I thought it was resolved. But after a year, 2 white lines now were showing especially if the color of the screen/background is red, orange or royal blue.
0 Likes
Ge-Gel
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
that was the latest update..the pink lines still present on my phone..hopefully samsung will fix this..Screenshot_20230204_233431_Software update_1000003791_1675524871.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have a screen burn on my Note20U5G that appeared out of nowhere, but this pink line will definitely bother me too! As a customer, especially a flagship phone owner, I understand you expect a certail level of service and support for the money you spent, that's why I applaud you for being respectful in raising your issue.

Please report the issue using the "Get Help" button or call the customer service hotline. I hope the moderators notice this post, and hoping this gets solved soon for you!
ENJ0
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hate to hear it. I'm not particularly sure with screen burns, it could be a hardware issue. And yes, you're correct—I'm frustrated and disappointed as I didn't expect this to happen, being that it's one of the flagship phones.

I forgot to mention that I have submitted an error report on this issue. For now, I'll just wait for the February software update which should hopefully fix the problem, just like before. I'll post an update if there are any developments. Thank you!
Galaxy S
Welcome! Yes please, post updates if the issue gets resolved or not. If you have the time, also try calling the customer service hotline. And if the February update doesn't fix your issue, take it to a service center.
BN_
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
NarendraS20plus
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Yes, The same happened to me yesterday , 23/2/22. Well it cant be a coincidence that phones are getting a pink line all of a sudden on their screen even during boot. Please contact me if you get any more information. And please can you elaborate the earlier problem you had ? Did the green line stay on the screen even during boot?