Original topic:

S20 white screen, lcd broken

(Topic created on: 10-23-2021 10:29 PM)
al1996
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Bought my phone in May 2020 and last week the screen suddenly turned white. What happened was I took an hour nap and when I woke up, the screen turned white. It was working just fine before that. Sent my phone to service center and they say need to replace my lcd.  So disappointed with the quality of so called flagship phone. 

https://twitter.com/Abdulla23787848/status/1448311520316702733?s=20

9 Comments
Galaxy S
Sorry to hear tat 😔
0 Likes
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I think Samsung has got a quality control issue with their phones. My Note 20 ultra severely overheated when it was just 3 or 4 mths old.

I slept with the phone underneath my blanket (I fell asleep) and guess what woke me up in the middle of the night?! A BURNING HOT Samsung phone scorching my arm! Mind u, when I say burning hot I do literally mean burning hot. I was shocked and kinda afraid that the phone would blow up, I had to use my blanket to touch and switch my phone off (too hot to touch bare finger) and quickly bring it to my bathroom as a safety precaution.

That night itself I spoke to a a call center agent who did a remote battery health check for me and at the end he told me that my battery is showing signs of unusual deterioration and told me to get it replaced at the nearest service center. So I nicely brought it to the Pyramid service center the next day and but they told me my battery is perfectly fine and that I shouldnt trust the remote battery check done by their own call center agents. I find the actions and remarks by the service center very contradictory, ridiculous and irresponsible. Btw, they couldn't tell me why my phone overheated, and they even asked me for proof that my phone overheated. As my phone was still under warranty, I only asked for a battery replacement which of course they denied me, imagine if I asked for a phone replacement! (They'd probably put a picture of me at the entrance of every outlet so Samsung staff can kick me out before I even enter).
0 Likes
al1996
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
haha your last sentence! Apparently samsung messed up but its okay, we'll have to pay on our own. So disappointed with their quality haih
0 Likes
Lea179
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Same issue. S20ultra white screen!
0 Likes
al1996
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
sadly it happened after warranty expired :(
0 Likes
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Dont use to hard bro because Samsung screen is AMOLED.Easy to burn if we use hard like gaming.
0 Likes
al1996
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Dont really use my phone that much tho
0 Likes
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Samsung flagship phone also have expired death.My Galaxy Note 9 death after upgrade the last software.Suddenly my screen go to green screen.Happen after 3 years use.Galaxy Note 9 still power than Note 10 and Note 20.
0 Likes
Stangsting
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Mine too. Out of sudden. What a rubbish product. My previous mid range A7 is still working properly and the price was just 1/3 of the stupid s20+. What a big dissapointment. Just passed 2 years usage and i cant even sell/trade in my phone. Basically TOTAL LOST.
0 Likes